42025 - Cargo Plane

Val-E

Im officially hooked on technic. I can't believe it took this long. I just finished building the Volvo front end loader and the mobile crane. I just got home today with the cargo plane and will be putting it together.

I remember earlier this year when the first pictures of this year's technic sets were revealed, I fell in love with the cargo plane and have been patiently waiting to get it.

• 1 month later...

I grabbed 1 today, I am tempted to build it. The only thing stopping me is that I have no where to leave it. Already having several sets at home and no more room for this one to display.

What do you guys think in terms of investment potential here? It is a very nice set to start with, but would it appreciate well? Also I can't see it being available any later than Dec`15...

About displaying this set, you can remove a wing so it takes less room on a shelf. :)

And about investing, I think it will be still there up to december '16, as usual (2 years on LEGO Shop at Home for technic sets).

Maybe up to summer '16 if it's a huge success and not produced anymore.

Will it be a winner ? Yes, like most of technics sets that are $120 and more ($120/130 models and $179/199 models). Because of the color scheme, power functions included, big in size, great b-model (one of the best b-model ever), etc.

But I would wait for a discount, plenty of time to get this baby.

Note that I were wrong for the price on my previous post, 3 months ago: it's finally $139 when I thought $129... lego has increased their price...

(but I guessed right for the 42024 ^^ )

Edited by biniou
  • Like 3

About displaying this set, you can remove a wing so it takes less room on a shelf. :)

And about investing, I think it will be still there up to december '16, as usual (2 years on LEGO Shop at Home for technic sets).

Maybe up to summer '16 if it's a huge success and not produced anymore.

Will it be a winner ? Yes, like most of technics sets that are $120 and more ($120/130 models and $179/199 models). Because of the color scheme, power functions included, big in size, great b-model (one of the best b-model ever), etc.

But I would wait for a discount, plenty of time to get this baby.

Note that I were wrong for the price on my previous post, 3 months ago: it's finally $139 when I thought $129... lego has increased their price...

(but I guessed right for the 42024 ^^ )

With 3 for 2 here in the UK i brought home two X-Wings at retail price and this Cargo Plane came as a bonus :) So practically

• Like 2

> (one of the best b-model ever)

What is a b-model?

It's also called the "alternative model".

Technics sets are "two in one" (like creators sets -except the creator expert- are "three in one").

You have to download the instructions, unfortunately, because lego is too greedy to give you those.

The b-model for the cargo is an hovercraft:

Edited by biniou
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

I got this set. Can't wait to build it.

My Problem: I need another one because I freaking have to build the B build. Damnit.

same here I started it but haven't had time to finish

The B build is only online and when I was doing it , it would not load properly.  I think because i had it early from the release before it was fully out.

The hovercraft is really cool.

Agreed, the Hovercraft is wicked! Haven`t picked this set up yet, will likely do so shortly, quicker now that I`ve seen the B Model. Wow, it`s great!

Target Canada was just clearancing this set at 50% this past week. I got 4 and by most accounts here they're all gone.

Really, already? Damn, missed out, congrats on the find, that`s an excellent price. 

• 9 months later...

Greetings from the Great White North. I finally picked up a 42025 Technic Cargo Plane (to build). Seems like this model is starting to slowly dissappear from the B&M stores (gone already from the 2 local Lego Stores in our area). Would it be worth picking up a 2nd one to hold for a while? The CAGR so far does not look that great, but would this be a decent medium to longer term investment, or will it be better to go for the Technic AROCS truck?  

I actually bought two recently. I wouldn't necessarily compare it to Arocs, mainly due to the price tag being twice as high. I personally consider this to be an interesting set. The second model also has great reviews and it being a plane instead of a road vehicle doesn't hurt. I bought my two sets for $90 in Switzerland.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/10/2015 at 1:25 PM, Hayttees said:

What about UK. Anyone one has a clue?

I wish I did have a clue! Bought one late 2014 as an investment but not seeing this go for even RRP currently. Retired on Lego UK so is this likely to go up in value in future or is it a bad investment? I think it's an excellent set being 2-in-1.