Angry/Emotional Cashier Story Thread

Saw someone post in the daily thread about emotional upset cashier and didn't want to reply there. I have a story I wanted to share and thought I start a new thread. If there is something similar already please MOD merge mine into it, thanks.

My personal favorite of all time was when the XBox 360 first came out. I bought a Xbox 360 after the initial Xmas rush and wanted to get the highest quality cable for back then. I saw Circuit City had a Psyclone cable for the 360 at $25 which it normally sold for $60. So great I go to CC but they were all sold out, I was like "oh wait Best Buy price matches items I'll shoot over there. I go in, find they have the cable - sweet. I then go look at their policy which is HUNG up behind the cashier section. I read over the thing and see they will also give you 10% in the difference of the price match. I'm like NICE big score on savings here for a stupid cable, which is now worthless haha.

Then the fun began. I bring the cable, CC flyer and my membership card up to the cashier. Who was a girl probably early 20s. I explain I want to price match the cable and show her the ad for CC which is $25. She straight up says to me "No you can not get that price, no way!" I said but your policy says you price match a competitor if they have an advertised price in a flyer, which I am showing you. She started moving around and frothing at the mouth, I was like what is going on. She then said, "Nope nope nope, no way can you get it for that price" She was getting loud so a manager came over before I even had to ask for one. I explained the situation to the manager he checked the flyer and made sure they were the same cable and said sure ring him up for the $25.

The manager walked away and this girl went NUTS. She started hitting the desk, throwing her arms in the air, huffing and puffing very loudly. I was laughing so hard on the inside I think I almost peed my pants. So she finally rings it up and tells me it is

$25 plus whatever the tax was back then 6% or 7% not sure. So my mind immediately adds it up and I was like "And that is with the 10% price match difference off?"

I thought her head was going to explode! She gave me a "I will fning kill you look" and I will have to admit I was a little scared cause if she was this crazy over a price match, she might track me down and stab me. :sweat:

So I settled, paid, walked out and cried my eyes out from laughter.

I will never forget and always hope they are as entertaining.

On a side note B&****** cashiers have been getting me back all this month. Trying to use this damn kids club coupon, I hate it! Wish I never applied for that damn thing. :sick:

• Like 1

Yeah I will never understand that. I mean working for my company, I don't want them to get short changed - mostly because I value my job and own a lot of stock in my company. So it benefits me.

But in retail, chances are that doesn't matter. I don't understand arguing policies like that.

Only reason I love my TRU. Those guys can't stand corporate and their crazy policies and price changing. So they will always just take what I have and fix it. Why I try to shop there as much as possible.

Haven't had an experience of such caliber yet OP, but I've been rused many times. I went to target yesterday for the MHC blowout, but they were regular price when rung in, so I had to price match from target.com. Now, the price match policy at target is limit one from a COMPETITOR site, and it doesn't say anything about a limit for price matching target online. So I go up to customer service, show the lady the price online, she verifies and gladly says "Hmm nice catch! You've done your research". But her smiler dissapeared when she looked down at my cart and saw 8 of them - all they had in the store. Her co-worker leaned in to her and whispered something into her ear that she didin't want me to hear because she did it right smack in front of me. So the cashier lady says "I'm sorry you can only buy one at this price". I showed her the no limit thing online and she took a "strict interpretation" of it, saying that becuase it doesn't say ANYTHING about a limit, she can't assume I can get them all. So I finally let her have it her way, but not without a fight. After I bought one( all the others were taken by her to supposedly be put back in the shelf), I went to go get something to eat and went online to buy the rest online for store pickup. I see that the limit online is 8 and I suddenly smack myself in the head for not buying online for pickup since the beginning. So anyways, I buy the rest online and wait for a confirmation email while I eat something. To my surprise, I receive an email saying that there are no more in stock at the store, which was obviously incorrect at the time because nobody could have bought all 7 left in 10 minutes. I immediately go to the shelf were I was expecting to see them back since the lady said they were gonna re-shelf them, but there were NONE. Right about then I realized that I've been bamboozled, and so I to confirm so I asked my little brother(whom the lady didin't see) to go ask the lady if they have any legos MHC's left and she said they were all simply "gone". Mfw she and her co-worker bought them all for herself.

Yeah I will never understand that. I mean working for my company, I don't want them to get short changed - mostly because I value my job and own a lot of stock in my company. So it benefits me.

But in retail, chances are that doesn't matter. I don't understand arguing policies like that.

Only reason I love my TRU. Those guys can't stand corporate and their crazy policies and price changing. So they will always just take what I have and fix it. Why I try to shop there as much as possible.

I work retail and I value my job. I also own a fair amount of stock in the company I work for and have a vested interest in them not getting ripped off. To quote one of my least favorite actors " I've never had a job I was better than".

More to the point of the OP, most large retail chains will allow their cashiers to do small price adjustments with out a managers approval just to save time, where I work it used to be up to $20 for a single item. I hate being stuck in a line where a cashier is arguing over $0.50. On the other side of that I have been cussed out on numerous occasions because am item rang up $0.05 or $0.10 more than a customer thought it should. This before I even had a chance to fix it.

Just go to your average McDonalds and order something for $5.17 and give them a $10 bill.  Once they punch in $10 on the register, hand them 17 cents and watch the horror as they try to figure out the new amount of money they need to give back to you :D

.... (the answer is $5 by the way)

Or hand them a $2 bill and have them hand it back to you stating "this is fake, it isn't real money".

When the PS3 and X360 game "Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles" first released, there was a 59.99 version of the game, and a 69.99 limited steelbook edition. I rarely buy games at launch and was waiting for a price drop to get it, but someone on cheapassgamer.com (a site I frequent) stated that some random Targets made some kind of mistake and was red tag clearancing the steelbook version for like 17.99 if I remember correctly. I decided to check my Target and sure enough, found one marked at that price.

When I took it to the register I got a reaction similar to the OP. The dude was going nuts, he didn't want to honor the price even when the register scan confirmed it. He was raising his voice about how the game just came out a week ago etc. I just remained quiet and let him make a scene and by the time a manager arrived multiple people were staring at him and the manager of course honored the price, partially out of embarassment. I'm guessing he then hightailed it to the back of the store and pulled the other 2 or 3 copies they had from the shelf. I had considered buying all the copies they had to re-sell, but I had left them because I had hoped to tell some friends about it.

Really sad more than anything else! Crazy people in the world :frantics: I`ve had my share of people like this as well. They take everything personally in an impersonal job. Like at walmart, nobody at walmart starts at the bottom and works their way up. They stay virtually the same throughout the entire time they work there. That is the job of retail. You are not giong to get a corporate/better job by giving more of a damn. You`re paid to do a job at the bottom level(s) that is all. Honestly, guy/girl, you make minimun wage. Do. Your. Job. If I have a PM to make legitamently, do it. What do you care if I get a legitament discount on a product you do not own?

Just go to your average McDonalds and order something for $5.17 and give them a $10 bill.  Once they punch in $10 on the register, hand them 17 cents and watch the horror as they try to figure out the new amount of money they need to give back to you :D

.... (the answer is $5 by the way)

I wish they had kids play Monopoly in school. Seriously, there is far more real world stuff in that game then there is in 9/10 of the textbooks. Handling cash: check. Corporate Stragedy: Check. Keeping a "buisness" afloat: check. Paying taxes: Check. An understanding of the premise of maintence fees/tasks: check List goes on and on and on. Think about it. We could order Big Macs with larger fries and a coke, and not have to watch these people struggle to do simple math. Crazy.

Guest TabbyBoy

I remember going into a branch of Sainsburys (supermarket) that I rarely go to and I was after a copy of "Star Trek - Into Darkness" on BluRay.  I picked one up, scanned it and it came up at 99p!  Of course, I cleared the entire shelf and took a trolley load to the checkout as I never look a gift horse in the mouth.  There was no buying restriction posted on these but, the man (who was quite obese, was rather fragrant and had a black pudding basin hair style) at the till said very aggressively, "We've had your greedy sort here before, put them back this minute or I'm not serving you!".  I said, "Put them back yourself as you could do with the exercise!"  A manager then heard the commotion, popped over and he let me take all 108 copies at 99p a pop without fuss after I spurted out the Sales of Goods act.  He then adjusted the price to