Shipping through paypal?

I did a quick search and didn't come up with much info.  If I missed a thread or topic please point me to that.  Anyway, I was finally going to try going through paypal for shipping.  This will be a transaction outside of ebay (making a trade).  I would like to ship via first class since I am just shipping 2 figures.  i heard you get free tracking if you pay online too, is that true?  Now do I just go through paypal's site, enter the recipient, pick first class then pay?

If they pay you through PayPal and have an address on file with them, you'll be able to select a "print label" button right from the transaction page that pops up when you log in. First class package with tracking is one of the options.

If they don't pay you through PayPal, or pay you basically as a "guest" (credit card payment) and not their own account with an address attached, you'd need to go to PayPal's multi-order shipping tool and create a label from there.

If they pay you through PayPal and have an address on file with them, you'll be able to select a "print label" button right from the transaction page that pops up when you log in. First class package with tracking is one of the options.

If they don't pay you through PayPal, or pay you basically as a "guest" (credit card payment) and not their own account with an address attached, you'd need to go to PayPal's multi-order shipping tool and create a label from there.

This is a trade so no money is involved.

There has to be an exchange of funds to use paypal shipping.

I don't think it will let you add a recipient like that. But yes, tracking is free with first class mail.

Not true. PayPal multi order shipping allows you to create shipping labels and pay for them with no transaction or exchange of funds. I send personal (gifts and such) packages all the time using it.

It's under "seller tools", I think - I have it bookmarked so been awhile since I had to find the path to it.

Not true. PayPal multi order shipping allows you to create shipping labels and pay for them with no transaction or exchange of funds. I send personal (gifts and such) packages all the time using it.

It's under "seller tools", I think - I have it bookmarked so been awhile since I had to find the path to it.

That is true. I've used it plenty of times for small items outside of ebay(paid by cash, money order) since usps website does not have first class shipping available online. 

Yes, the way to ship first class without having received payment is to use the "Ship Now" option.  The easiest way to access it is to log into your paypal account.  Then type in www.paypal.com/shipnow into the browser bar.  This will route you to the shipping option where you can manually type in the address.  And yes, free delivery confirmation is included.  You can also do this at USPS.com, however they do not give you the option to ship first class online, so if the package is 13 ounces or under, you're better off using paypal.  :)  Hope that helps!

• Like 2

Printed the label.  Actually looks pretty small but I think it will work.  Only $2.01 with free tracking.  Not sure why it took me so long to use paypal to ship :)

Edit  I went back and changed my "page setup" and reprinted the label.  Size is perfect now. 

is delivery confirmation really "free" ? i.e. wouldn't it cost about $1 to ship 1st class under 3 oz, if there was no delivery confirmation added?

is delivery confirmation really "free" ? i.e. wouldn't it cost about $1 to ship 1st class under 3 oz, if there was no delivery confirmation added?

If you print your postage online, it is a free service that is added to your packages (it's completely automatic and you don't have a choice to not get DC).  If you were to go to the post office, they charge about $1 to add this service to your packages.

And no, unfortunately it wouldn't be about $1 to send a 3 oz package.  I wish!  Shipping prices were raised again on the 27th of January I believe.  Shipping a 3 oz package first class was $1.69 (online price w/free DC) last year, this year it's $1.93 (free DC).  If you go to the post office it was $2.07 last year (plus $1 for DC) and this year it's $2.32 (plus $1 for DC).

(you can check out the postage chart at Stamps.com which shows last years rates vs. this years rates - and it's the same price at USPS.com and paypal.com - just the only chart I could find).   :)

http://www.stamps.com/whitepapers/2014-usps-postage-rate-increase-guide.pdf

• Like 1