New Ebay UK fees from May

CNH1974

Guest TabbyBoy

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (with the real answer)

1. Why have you changed the fees?
A. So that we can make even more money.

2. What are the new fees?
A. Items 21-100 are no longer free so that we can make even more money.

3. Do all my free listings need to be scheduled?
A. No but, we'll find a way to make you pay if they are scheduled.

4. When do the new fees start?
A. 13MAY.  It would actually be right now if it was possible.

5. What

Guest TabbyBoy

Out of principle and honesty, I only charge buyers what it actually costs me and I send them links to Royal Mail or Collect+ if they question postage.  I never charge for packing as I buy padded bags by the thousand (about 7p each) and use recycled boxes.  Our Royal Mail is also a joke as, for example, due to the small 8cm limits on small parcels, it's often cheaper to send by Airmail where there is no limit.  You can send Minecraft to Greece cheaper than you can to Milton Keynes!

I can't see eBay lasting much longer to be honest.  Most of my sales are now from word-of-mouth, local papers, freeads, Gumtree, Car boots, etc.  All cash and no fees!  When I send eBayers a parcel, I ask them to email me for "additional requirements" which generates a lot of extra non-fee business.  eBay can go swivel as the first deal was done through them.

Shame that the 2 main entities on online selling (eBay & Royal Mail) are out to rip us off.  It's us that allowed them massive growth in the first place.

You may think I'm going off on one.... I haven't even started yet!

Hehe, he's off!

I have bought from a few buyers who only charge the actual postage cost. I pointed out to them that eBay charged for the privilege. They did not know that FVF was charged on postage. I suggested they raise their prices. As a buyer I always add in postage costs to what I will bid. So I do not care whether a seller charges

Guest TabbyBoy

Hehe, he's off!

I have bought from a few buyers who only charge the actual postage cost. I pointed out to them that eBay charged for the privilege. They did not know that FVF was charged on postage. I suggested they raise their prices. As a buyer I always add in postage costs to what I will bid. So I do not care whether a seller charges

Presume that the 2 or 3 free relists that they introduced a while back will still be in effect??? If so, might not be so bad?

If the things you list sell have you run the numbers for having a shop, as you may save on the 2% cheaper FVF depending on what exactly you are selling (cheap or pricey).

Guest TabbyBoy

Also when you have a shop, eBay informs HMRC so make sure you are on top with your tax return or inform your accountant. No big deal for me right now as I'm offloading CITY stuff at a loss even stuff that was 66% off! I just want it gone regardless as I'm going in big on modulars.