VW 10220 - Different Piece Counts on box

abri123

Hi, Was just moving my collection and noticed that of the 3 x 10220 sets I have (all sealed), 2 of them say 1334 pieces and the other says 1332 pieces.

Anyone know what the differences are?

It's not a worry, but more of a curiosity.

There are very minor differences to the boxes - I'm guessing one was produced in USA/Mexico and the others in Europe.

2 were bought from Lego online shop and 1 from their physical store.

thanks.

Does that mean the 1332 version has the potential of being more valuable than the 1334 version? Being the "first edition" and all...

I highly doubt it. Take for example 10213 .. it had design problems and LEGO released 10231 to address them. There is a $5 difference in Brickpicker values (the new one being worth more).

Most consumers won't even notice or care.

Does that mean the 1332 version has the potential of being more valuable than the 1334 version? Being the "first edition" and all...

I do not see a couple additional plates making a noticeable difference. Now if it was close to a hundred with an entire section redesigned perhaps then.

Usually no difference is made when there are box errors/piece adjustments made to a set. Practially all buyers don`t care about that sort of thing. If you`re a parent/grandparent/uncle/aunt/etc who buys but is not familiar with all the intricate details around this sort of thing, they won`t notice, and even on the off chance that they do, they don`t care, but it`s not enough of a change in most cases to matter. The VC sets here look identical, and aside from 2 plates, 99.9% of people aren`t going to notice, unless they stared long enough, even then, it would probably be on 95% of people, and that 5% aren`t going to pay more money.