Too much to buy!

Yellowtot

Guest TabbyBoy

Dunno about you guys right now but with the Argos sale, Smyths sale, Lego double VIP and the current Tesco direct clubcard + money off deal there's just too much to buy right now. Times lke this I wish I had 50k in the bank.

Be VERY careful as I blew about

Understand that I've been running an eBay Lego shop for almost 2 years now and it's more a thing where I like too spend a certain amount each month and due to all the sales I'm way over budget right now than I normally would be, but hey its all profit down the line but still I had to leave way to many profitable sets!

Dunno about you guys right now but with the Argos sale, Smyths sale, Lego double VIP and the current Tesco direct clubcard + money off deal there's just too much to buy right now. Times lke this I wish I had 50k in the bank.

You are forgetting the John Lewis half price Hobbit stuff! Same as the Argos deal...50% off....however John Lewis has almost nothing left in most of the stores i checked..and nothing online at all now. Argos has not much left either. So thats two less deals to worry about really! However i feel exactly the same way, as what with the recent Tesco and Asda 50%-75% off deals, I have spent a small fortune on sets....despite knowing I should hold back. It just becomes too addictive! I agree with TabbyBoy about the large sets. I stocked up today on modular buildings at the lego shop big time! 

City sets, even at 50% off, you have to be very selective. Generic, often repeated fire and police sets - no thanks. Keep an eye for the more obscure or store exclusive sets which often have shorter shelf life, such as 3222 or 4206.

LOTR / Hobbit at 50% or more is a no-brainer. My 9471's for

City sets, even at 50% off, you have to be very selective. Generic, often repeated fire and police sets - no thanks. Keep an eye for the more obscure or store exclusive sets which often have shorter shelf life, such as 3222 or 4206.

LOTR / Hobbit at 50% or more is a no-brainer. My 9471's for

I wish I could swap places with you. You never see more than 20% discount in Hungary if the set is at least half decent. Plus count in the world record 27% VAT. I still don't have a Helm's Deep because it is so expensive that I buy exclusives instead. No big stores here, only small dealers with cranked up prices. That's how a LotR fan end up without a single set. 

For example, the cheapest HD I saw was 

Guest TabbyBoy

It's a bigger risk holding for too long and then watch prices plummet, look at Captain America's Avenging Cycle which I sold at a peak of

As usual, missed the lot :-( never find out about sales till it's too late, gutted. Please please please let there be a turtles sale that I catch at some point, really would have liked to have gotten some lotr and hobbit stuff wanted some for me :-(

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Guest davewager78

You are forgetting the John Lewis half price Hobbit stuff! Same as the Argos deal...50% off....however John Lewis has almost nothing left in most of the stores i checked..and nothing online at all now. Argos has not much left either. So thats two less deals to worry about really! However i feel exactly the same way, as what with the recent Tesco and Asda 50%-75% off deals, I have spent a small fortune on sets....despite knowing I should hold back. It just becomes too addictive! I agree with TabbyBoy about the large sets. I stocked up today on modular buildings at the lego shop big time! 

I think some of us are indeed genuinely addicted to buying sets! I include myself

• 2 weeks later...

I too have too much to sell, and have not yet sold anything.  My wife should have destroyed my credit cards long ago.

It seems it will start to ''backfire'' of all those buyings if ''investors'' of all kinds :)

Luckily i did not buy too much, actually I could not even buy much more even if id wanted :P