Brickstore and Brickficiency

Gorbasho, the Macks might be interested in a blog article or two on these. I muddle along with Bricklink's functionality with the fond but quite possibly batty hope that I'll be able to hold out till BL3.0   :sweat:  but I know lots of folks like the support sites/functions you mentioned.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'll start working on a blog article. If anyone would like information on specific topics regarding general purchasing on Bricklink and usage of external programs, please post and I'll try and include them in the article.

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'll start working on a blog article. If anyone would like information on specific topics regarding general purchasing on Bricklink and usage of external programs, please post and I'll try and include them in the article.

A couple of issues to consider if possible:

Brickstore management of BL wanted lists (could not find how to do it)

Price management: for example could someone choose to include data only from EU sales? I seem to remember that this filter exists when creating an alert in wanted lists.

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Brickficiency is a program that takes a Bricklink wanted list or Brickstore .bsx file and scans Bricklink to find the cheapest combination of 2-5 stores to purchase the parts from. This makes it very easy to find where to purchase a list of parts from, rather than having to manually and tediously use the store list on the Bricklink Wanted list page.

This is what I am currently looking for. It is really surprising to see that Bricklink itself does not offer this. Anyway: I can only find the executable for Brickficiency (an "exe"), but I would need the source (all Linux here). Does anyone have either an idea how to get the source (was looking around myself), or has already a similar program that also runs on Linux? Otherwise I will have to end up writing my own, but I would like to avoid that exercise.

To answer my own question, and for everyone that might be interested too: there is a small tool called "bltools" (http://code.google.com/p/bltools/) that can take a blinklink xml file (exported from a wanted list, I currently do that via a browser plugin), download store information about each part, and then using some pretty nifty optimizing techniques to find an optimum way to buy this set of bricks from the available stores (making some assumptions about the shipping cost). The result is an html page with corresponding links to blicklink and XML ready to be imported to Bricklink again, one for each store. Nice. :)

• Like 1

To answer my own question, and for everyone that might be interested too: there is a small tool called "bltools" (http://code.google.com/p/bltools/) that can take a blinklink xml file (exported from a wanted list, I currently do that via a browser plugin), download store information about each part, and then using some pretty nifty optimizing techniques to find an optimum way to buy this set of bricks from the available stores (making some assumptions about the shipping cost). The result is an html page with corresponding links to blicklink and XML ready to be imported to Bricklink again, one for each store. Nice. :)

Cool find! Sounds very similar to what Brickficiency does. I might have to compare the two and see what works better...

For people interested in Brickstore, they really should be using Brickstock

http://brickstock.patrickbrans.com/

Brickstore's development has stopped and it is increasingly incompatible with Bricklink. The current developer of Brickstock has apparently taken up the updating of the Brickstore code so it is essentially the same program, just updated to remain compatible with Bricklink. He renamed it to avoid issues.

For people interested in Brickstore, they really should be using Brickstock

http://brickstock.patrickbrans.com/

Brickstore's development has stopped and it is increasingly incompatible with Bricklink. The current developer of Brickstock has apparently taken up the updating of the Brickstore code so it is essentially the same program, just updated to remain compatible with Bricklink. He renamed it to avoid issues.

Thanks for sharing, was not aware of Brickstock. Can you elaborate on what incompatibilities Brickstore has with Bricklink, and what benefits/differences there are with Brickstock?

The biggest showstopper for new users is that Brickstore can no longer download the BrickLink database. That and the Import Shopping Cart function doesn't work are the ones that I have read about in the forums.

Brickstock looks and functions exactly the same as Brickstore because the current maintainer just took the Brickstore code (it's open source) and has been fixing it so it can continue working. With Bricklink 2.0 supposedly coming very soon, it might break Brickstock also if there are major changes to the BrickLink API.