Flagged by LEGO

Not sure where to post this, but I am more of a collector (aka lego hoarder) and while I should probably resell what I have as it's overtaking our house, I've never purchased in insane quantities, sold anything, or otherwise.

With the 2x VIP points, I made two orders, one for a Sea Cow and a few friends sets, and another for a Cinema Palace, both shipped to a relative's home as I've done countless times in the past.  I don't buy 100 vampire hearses, for instance. :)

To note, I have made about 25~ orders in 2013 to now via lego's site.

These two orders were placed and then cancelled and having spent about a half hour on the phone with them, my account was flagged and banned because someone used my address as a bill to / ship to in such a way to be potentially fraudulent.

In talking with the sales rep, I recalled a time late last year where I ordered a police set via Ebay, from a seller with good reviews - and many of them - but the order came directly from Lego.  I didn't think anything of it until about a month ago when learning of the drop shipping thing that some do, albeit fraudulent.

It was quite an interesting conversation and everything was restored back to normal, but it makes me wonder if the person who sold the stuff to me last year tried to do something with my address as there's no other reason for it.  Really bizarre, but had to share.

The ebay seller probably used a stolen credit card to drop ship that police set to you directly from Lego.  When Lego go the charge back, the order was linked to your address, hence banned.  Remember if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

You should have called lego @ home in the first place after seeing your item ship from their shop from an Ebay purchase rather than the seller on Ebay, and that purchase number is pretty crazy.

Just dealt with an e-bay drop-ship situation that shipped from LEGO Shop at Home. I proactively called them to make them aware of the situation as soon as I saw the tracking info & to clear my name/address should anything come down in the future with the stolen card. CS lady was very thankful for the call & said I had done nothing wrong & that she would note on my account that I was a "dedicated lego customer", whatever that means. We'll see. 

The seller could just have used their VIP points to get the set cheap, or even free, then drop shipped the item.  Your address was likely added to their known addresses, and your order was clumped together with their order history and cancelled.