Pirates of the Caribbean discontinued?

• 1 month later...

Yeah, i think it will be retired this year. Def going to buy the black pearl and queen anne. probably stay away from the other sets, nothing to exciting in them other than the characters which i think will loose interest as there havent been any POTC movies in ages. Ships will prob stay popular just because of the popularity of lego pirates.

Yeah, i think it will be retired this year. Def going to buy the black pearl and queen anne. probably stay away from the other sets, nothing to exciting in them other than the characters which i think will loose interest as there havent been any POTC movies in ages. Ships will prob stay popular just because of the popularity of lego pirates.

Lego ships are way popular and the two you mentioned are fantastic sets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Seams like the pirates of the caribbean series is almost completely retired. Down to the queen anne and a couple of the small sets. Im planning to grab one of each of the ships while they are still cheap, im expecting a ROI similar to the imperial flagship, just my opinion though!

Well I have the QAR, BP & the IF. I too think the POTC theme will be gone soon. Without a movie to keep it alive there's no real incentive for consumers to buy it. It loses relevancy. There will be more Lego ships in the future though. They already have the molds for the pieces and I'm sure they're amortized by now so it makes no sense not to have sailing ships in the future. With the molds paid for it's not that expensive to make new parts when needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are the odds of a new LEGO wave of POTC sets if/when the new movie is made? Seems to me that that would escalate demand for the currently dying series, no?

I'm no Ed, but I think that it is a feasible scenario, as long as they don't reissue a set. If they reissue a Queen Anne's Revenge or Black Pearl many of us over here are going to get dealt.