Can someone help me identify some sets?

Kristis023

I've been looking at and considering buying this lot but have no idea if it's even remotely worth it. I know very little about Star Wars so have no idea what sets I'm possibly looking at. Does anyone have an idea based on the minifigs or the small amount of pieces shown? I've been in contact with the person and they said their son can provide me with a list of sets when I pick up but would obviously like to do some research first.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/for/4382967203.html

My advice is to make sure the books are included, that will clearly give you the best idea of what this is all worth

They're not included, which was gonna be a deal breaker for me since that affects their resale value as well but was just looking to see if there was anything in there to make it worth it anyways. She said her son should know every set in there and that they should all be complete.

I'm probably stretching here to make it worth it. I bought and flipped a CL lot a few weeks ago and was very successful (and I had fun doing it) so I've got the itch to do it again ?

On a side note, have you been to "the Outlet Store" in Claremore? They have ads on CL with some really good prices. Had Haunted House new for $100. Now they have Jabba Palace for $72

I bought all the HH they had at that price, I also got a town hall for $125, a AA for $96 and some smaller sets at good discount. I want the Jabba's Palace but it's a bit of a drive for me and the kids are home for spring break so haven't made the trek yet.

What type of store is it? Do they always have Lego in Stock, or is it damaged box type sales?

It's a liquidation/overstock type store, they sell all kinds of things. They do typically have at least some smaller sets in stock and occasionally get a big set. They are typically damaged, my AA was destroyed with packing tape everywhere, the Town Hall seals were not intact and there were stickers on it. But they have all been complete, good deals if you're looking for sets to build.

I'm no expert in bulk lots (but I'm trying to be).  I agree - I think is overpriced.

See if you can get a weight.  That would help.  But if there are no manuals, then you're basically looking at a big lot of bricks.  So the next thing you have to ask if what you want to do with that lot - is it for personal use?  Is it to resell?

Personally, unless I saw something in that lot that I could identify, I'd stay away at that price.

Few weeks ago, I saw a CL lot that had a Tan Pants Hulk figure buried in it.  3 lbs of bricks for $30.  But I was able to offload the Hulk immediately for more than $30, which made the lot of bricks free.  Now I'm going to pull out any bricks I need for builds, and then turn around and sell it (probably put it in with some other lots to help make them more valuable).

I'm no expert in bulk lots (but I'm trying to be). I agree - I think is overpriced.

See if you can get a weight. That would help. But if there are no manuals, then you're basically looking at a big lot of bricks. So the next thing you have to ask if what you want to do with that lot - is it for personal use? Is it to resell?

Personally, unless I saw something in that lot that I could identify, I'd stay away at that price.

Few weeks ago, I saw a CL lot that had a Tan Pants Hulk figure buried in it. 3 lbs of bricks for $30. But I was able to offload the Hulk immediately for more than $30, which made the lot of bricks free. Now I'm going to pull out any bricks I need for builds, and then turn around and sell it (probably put it in with some other lots to help make them more valuable).

She said 40-50 lbs. I tried talking her down but she won't go below $160. It would be for resell as Star Wars is not my thing.

Thanks everyone for your input!

The shot of the actual legos is bad, but I don't think the legos match the figs. This might be someone trying to get rid of a bunch of junk bulk and showing figs to make you think the sets they belong to are what you are getting. If you dig you get a better idea, but I personally wouldnt touch this for more than 100.

50lbs also seems way high, I would put it at about 20.