Some pictures for possible Craigslist buy.

Around $300 for this. A little vague, all of the mini-figures are there, and sets are complete. About 75-100 pounds of Legos?????. (His estimate). See anything strikingly good? I've never bought bulk before and not sure if I want to start. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

imagejpeg_02_zps51758aed.jpg

imagejpeg_0_2_zps42576a09.jpgimagejpeg_0_11_zps4306c7c8.jpg

There are some good sets there...the thing is they are all newer, which mean low used prices. And unless there is another bin, I dont see that being 100 pounds.

For collecting its a descent price....but unless you are willing to sit on them for awhile for resale.

I would try for around 150-200 range

Medieval Market, Winter Village Cottage, and Vampyre Castle are all going to for >$100 now.  So you've got $300 in sets there.  But, that's the new price.  Used shouldn't be far off of that.  

That's definitely not 75 lbs of LEGO.  Probably closer to 25 lbs.

You don't mention if this is for investment/parting out or for personal builds, which would help guide us a little bit.  How popular are bulk sets in your area?  Are other people in line for this?  Are you going to be bummed if you miss out on this?

For me, personally, if I didn't already have the three sets I mentioned at the top, $250-$300 would be a good price.  But that would be for my personal builds, and an overwhelming desire to have those three sets.  If these aren't high demand sets for you, then I'd definitely go lower.

Yeah, I didn't think it would weigh that much also. I've got him down to $250, but still trying to determine what exactly is in there.

For me, I'd go for it.  But that's me, for those sets, if I didn't already have them.

It's a little pricy for a bulk lot, but, you have three big sets in there.

I'm not really sure what I want to do with it yet. All I have is sealed sets and no loose Legos. I would probably build, make sure they are complete, and then sell.

He said there are more sets, and they are looking for instructions. His estimate was $2,500 worth new. Unless there is more, that is way off in my estimate.

Around $300 for this. A little vague, all of the mini-figures are there, and sets are complete. About 75-100 pounds of Legos?????. (His estimate). See anything strikingly good? I've never bought bulk before and not sure if I want to start. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.

imagejpeg_02_zps51758aed.jpg

imagejpeg_0_2_zps42576a09.jpgimagejpeg_0_11_zps4306c7c8.jpg

Thats not 75-100 pounds lol ... try like 25 pounds ( not counting the bin weight)

Assuming that the sets shown are complete, $250 is fair, I'd be fine with it if it was me.  But I'm the type that likes to gamble on these and the thrill of the search is fun too.  You aren't going to lose money at that price, at least.  It also looks like 3182? jet and 3181? jet are there.  If that airport is there, that's a nice find as well.  If they can find you some more instructions or some figure pics that would help you out a lot. 

I see Huskers point, if its FUN and you will regret NOT buying it, then buy it.  Its gonna eat HOURS and DAYS of your time putting it all together.  Is that fun, or is it work?

I bought some similar heavy poundage bin on cragistlist a few months ago and despite the sellers promises and instruction books, most was heavy MegaBloks, hotwheels and action figures UNDER all the cool big eye catching LEGO parts.

I see Huskers point, if its FUN and you will regret NOT buying it, then buy it.  Its gonna eat HOURS and DAYS of your time putting it all together.  Is that fun, or is it work?

I bought some similar heavy poundage bin on cragistlist a few months ago and despite the sellers promises and instruction books, most was heavy MegaBloks, hotwheels and action figures UNDER all the cool big eye catching LEGO parts.

It is unfortunate but some shady sellers do cut the product with filler and say it is pure...so to speak :P

When ever I look at a lot even if it seems to be a sure thing.  I always randomly fish 10 to 20 pieces out of all areas of the bin and check for Mega blocks.  A few pieces is fine as sometimes the parent didn't love their kid and got some Mega Blocks here and there.  But if the half or more comes up, its a giant red flag.

• Like 1

Picked it up. There are several unopened bags, just not sure what sets they belong to. When I weighed the tub, it came to 76 pounds. So, he wasn't too far off, and it actually surprised me. I think the picture is a bit misleading.

Thanks for the help and comments. I'll be watching NCAA basketball next Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun, sorting and building. Should be fun!

• Like 1

Ha! I had really no idea how much work this is going to be. Just sorting through the pieces to find the mini-figures was a long process. Now, I'm just trying to figure out exactly how to start putting some sets together.

I would love to have this problem. Used lego lots like this are so scarce here... Congratulations!