FedEx Canada sure wrecks a lot of boxes!

My Lego orders from LEGO Shop at Home Canada are delivered by FedEx and more often than not the shipping boxes are banged up on a corner or squished at one end, etc.

Anyone else have this problem?

It's so bad you almost have to just laugh about it! I don't have problems with any other shippers that I use from other stores, so not sure how to change it. It would be really nice if other shipping options/other shippers were available on LEGO Shop at Home.

I'm reluctant to report or complain to Lego because I don't want to get anybody in trouble, but how else can it be changed?!

Got a GE recently shipped by Fedex...no issues at all.  My previous orders big and small from Lego all delivered by Fedex never had any box condition issues.    Maybe it depends on the driver/delivery person?  Was the set damaged from delivery or damaged already before hand, sometimes you can tell.  If you're unhappy...maybe email or call them, they might give you extra vip pts or something to make you a happy customer again.    

Sets I've ordered from Lego have always come in very good condition (I've even had good success from TRU save one Fire Brigade which was the first set I ever bought from TRU online). Sounds like you're having some bad luck and I'd definitely call Lego if the damage warrants a complaint!

Lego is not cheap so it would be disappointing to get a damaged box from any retailer. can't expect MINT all the time but good to excellent at least. for bigger sets or exclusives I usually go to 1of3 local stores just to ensure I get/pick the best box. more work for you but you can exchange it if there's a store nearby....unless it's a stock issue.

if you have been consistently getting damaged boxes I would tell Lego nicely and maybe they will follow up with the distribution/depo associated with your service area. probably one or a few unhappy workers not being careful. at the very least you will get it off your chest and Lego might offer a small token for compensation. good luck.

• 2 months later...

Hey LegoFan88,

Yes! It seems to be getting worse lately with the FedEx boxes shipped from LEGO to Canada.

To a certain degree, I'd say LEGO doesn't pack that well. The bottom of the box is just that overlap with one clear piece of packing tape, and many times if there is a bonus item included, they are packed in the bottom underneath the larger LEGO box itself, and have ended up partially poking thorugh the gap on the bottom, or stuck in that piece of tape.

But aside from that, Fedex has been doing a number on the boxes. We recently received the LEGO Mixer carnival set, and the outer cardboard box was damaged and bashed like it'd been dropped on its end, and unfortunately, the actual LEGO item inside is all squished and suffereed teh same fate. Sure, the product inside will be fine, but with what we paid for the item, and the fact that we use the actual LEGO box to store the item, ity'd be nice to not have it look like someone had dropped it from twenty feet! And what if I was giving this as a gift; it'd look like I was giving a used item from a few decades ago.

This isn't the first LEGO item we've received dented, but it's teh worst one so far. I think not long ago we received tehse items via Canad Post, and then they switched to FedEx, and the ones from Canada Post were never like this. Maybe it's the speed in which FedEx delivers, and people get butter fingers as a result, or simply don't care and purposefully drop stuff, but it's getting annoying. I actually took photos of that last box before opening in case I ever need to prove the level of damage.

• Like 1

It all depends on where you live I guess. FedEx is terrible around here too, I've had nothing but problems with them. I returned a Pet-shop back to Lego because the box was mangled. I finally received my new one about a month later. When I opened the box I almost thought it was the same exact Pet-shop that I had returned, it was pretty beat-up as well. I've had maybe one or two orders with no cosmetic damage to the boxes from LEGO Shop at Home... complete joke

I imagine none of you live in Southern California? I've had a lot better luck with UPS than FedEx, USPS is the best though. I have a lot of packages rerouted to them by FedEx & UPS. Those ones almost always get here in decent shape. My UPS packages are from amazon though not LEGO Shop at Home. I will also add that LEGO Shop at Home is pretty cool about giving VIP points for the damage caused during shipping.

The original poster and I are in Canada, but even though we shop in CAD on Lego's site, it does ship from the US. I'm in BC, and I can track their packages from the origin in Missouri, then up into Ontario, then I don't see any info until it hits BC. This takes about ten days.

The original poster and I are in Canada, but even though we shop in CAD on Lego's site, it does ship from the US. I'm in BC, and I can track their packages from the origin in Missouri, then up into Ontario, then I don't see any info until it hits BC. This takes about ten days.

Yeah I know bud, I was referring to the guys in the US that have great luck with FedEx... Me personally, I'm on the same boat with you guys from Canada.

Horror stories like these could happen anywhere, with any service, it depends entirely on the employee. That`s even more disturbing. 

In regard to Fedex, I`ve always held them in higher esteem than many. Never had an issue that I can recall. Got an Apple computer in the mail, should be here tomorrow or Friday from Fedex, so we`ll see if their track record with me stays in tact. I really hope so.  

I also have never had a LEGO Shop at Home order damaged with FedEx. My packages from them take 2 days to arrive after shipping. I've always thought the less time it takes to get to you the less chance there is of damage.

I agree, less transit time cannot possibly be a bad thing...but 2 days? That's the free shipping you are choosing?  You must be enrolled in the VIP Prime Program...