2013 12.99 sets Battle Royale - Which one of these four would you buy 20 of?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which 12.99 set would you get 20 of for investing?

• 79005 - Wizard Battle
    • 76008 - Iron Man Vs. Mandarin
    • 75000 - Clone Troopers Vs. Droidekas
    • 75001 - Republic Troopers Vs. Sith Troopers

This is mostly academic, since I am sure the amount of actual price realization will be small: But for just giggles, if you had to choose ONE of the following sets to get 20 of for investing, which would you get - and why? (Assume you were paying $10 a piece)

79005 - LOTR - Wizard Battle

76008 - Super Heroes: Iron Man Vs. Mandarin Ultimate Showdown

75000 - Star Wars Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas

75001 - Star Wars Republic Troopers vs Sith Troopers

I went Wizard Battle, only because I have been surprised to see the quick growth of Gandalf Arrives from wave 1. Most were down on that since they were common figs, but it hasn't stopped some nice growth. This could do that same, and it has a good piece count for the price. 

I'm also surprised by the growth of Gandalf Arrives.  I saw probably 50 of those for $7 each during my KMart runs. I think I bought 3.

Wizard Battle has my vote! I like the set personally. It's a nice tiny set that works really well for display purposes too. Usually the tiny sets aren't all that great to display as they are MOSTLY battle packs or a small vehicle. It also has some cool pieces, and a cheaper way to get Sarumon.

Well, if your question was about 10 sets of each, I would have chose 79005 - LOTR - Wizard Battle. Because I think that a lot of people that bought Tower of orthanc would finally want this set to complete it (with the eye of sauron included).

But 20x 79005 sets... Some sets may lay on your shelves (longer time to sell them than SW battle sets).

So my choice would be 75000 - Clone Troopers Vs. Sith Troopers.

I went Wizard Battle, only because I have been surprised to see the quick growth of Gandalf Arrives from wave 1. Most were down on that since they were common figs, but it hasn't stopped some nice growth. This could do that same, and it has a good piece count for the price.

I'm also surprised by the growth of Gandalf Arrives.  I saw probably 50 of those for $7 each during my KMart runs. I think I bought 3.

I wasn't surprised. Everytime someone brought the set up in conversation, I kept harping on about all the little details going for it but did anyone listen?

vader.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...