Shipping LEGO bricks.

Anyone have advice on this? I'm referring to individual bricks/pieces.

I'd be a little scared to just put them in a bubble mailer but it seems like that's really the only way to go.

Used the search feature and didn't find anything. Sorry if I am duplicating. 

When it's a small order, I usually receive my pieces from BL in a padded envelope. But it's just going to depend what you're sending, I've received orders in small boxes before because of the size of some pieces.

Individual pieces I'd put in a small plastic bag inside a padded envelope and you should be good.

• Like 2

We've purchased lots of bulk bricks from ebay and we've received them in padded envelopes and boxes. Boxes are stuffed with newspaper work well (those foam packing bits are OK, but don't stop the shaking like the newspaper does).

Bricks have always been bagged into smaller portions (by color, by type, etc) rather than one giant ziplock. It also depends on the seller but often we get bricks connected together in groups of 10 inside the bags... makes counting easy I imagine.

The changes of a bubble mailer ripping open if you secure the bricks inside smaller ziplock baggies is next to impossible.

We buy a variety of small reclosable bags and use the appropriate size for each type of part, or if its an order with a wide variety of different parts, we combine some types into sensible groupings.

Then, we take all those small bags and wrap them well into a layer of bubble wrap and tape a small packing slip to that.

Then that whole bundle is inserted into a bubble mailer, so everything has a minimum of two layers of bubble wrap, plus envelope, plus plastic baggies. We fold the plastic baggies in such a way that shaking of parts within them during shipping is kept to a bare minimum.

For larger orders or orders with more delicate parts (usually large plates or larger specialty parts), we do the same as the above but at the envelope stage we box instead and fill the box with whatever packing material we have on hand (usually air pillows, sometimes peanuts, etc.)