LEGO Flash Mob - Bone Cancer Child

BrickLegacy

I'm in for $50 on whatever is up next. Can you PM me the paypal address.

This is incredible.  Thank you Legodog!

We are now at $770 raised for Gavin...we blew away the $650 goal!  BrickPicker members....you should be very proud of what you've done.  We will continue to accept donations so please post here or PM me if you are interested in sending a set directly to Gavin or if you want to contribute money towards the larger sets.

Special thanks to Ed and Jeff for providing a forum for this to happen.  What an amazing week!

Wife say's I am good for $20 , so PM and I will get it to you later tonight. Thanks for doing this. My wife teaches Special Education, she has the most disabled and medically fragile and this just made our day.    

And yes there are Lego's in her class. I hunt all year at thrift shops and yard sales, and sanitize them, she does k-5 and some have oral issues so we do just the big ones.  Still have 1 and a half trunks in reserve in the garage for when she runs low. 

• Like 3

Thank you everyone!  We have now raised $925 for Gavin's LEGO sets!!!

Donations have come in from the UK, Canada, Midwest, New England, California...all over!  It's amazing.  Special thanks to DirtyZ for coming up with the idea to contribute money towards the larger sets.  This made it a lot easier for some people to contribute to this cause.  I know some of the gift packages are already on their way so thank you to everyone who shipped him something.  

I'd like to buy him the sets this week so please send me your pledge and donations by Sunday evening.  If you would still like to donate or send him something, please PM me or post here and I'll get you the information.  

If you still want to contribute a cash donation after this weekend, the family has established the

• Like 2

Over 90% of the original $925 that was pledged has been collected.

So far this is what we are planning to buy him:

• Ewok Village ($250, Amazon)
  • Arkham Asylum Breakout ($160, Amazon)
  • Batcave ($70, Amazon)

The Sea Cow is another obvious choice, but I'm not sure if he's had the opportunity to see the movie yet. Maybe that doesn't even matter since it will be on Blu-ray/DVD soon enough.  I might ask the Aunt to buy it just so I don't earn any VIP points.  I don't want to benefit at all from this.  In fact, I'm covering the Paypal transaction fees on all the donations.

We were also thinking it would be cool to get him a minifig display case like the one displayed below. They run $100-200, depending on the size.  I figure with all the sets he will be getting, it would be nice for him to organize the figs.  I met a guy at Brickworld Indy who makes these.  He said he would meet me halfway to avoid shipping costs. They are custom to order but I can probably talk him into expediting this request.

What do you guys think.....Ewok Village, Asylum Breakout, Batcave, Sea Cow and custom minifig case?

lego-shelf-9-2013--4(sm).jpg

• Like 1

I'm late to the thread.  Is it too late to send a Lego set?  Or is it easier to just donate money?

Definitely not too late!  I'll PM you their address if you want to send him a set. 

If you prefer to send a monetary donation, here is that information.  We raised enough money to cover the LEGO sets and minifigure shelf so if you want to help the family directly, this is a great option:

Also Many have inquired about where to send donations. Please send donations to any Ohio Fifth Third Bank, or send directly to Fifth Third Bank, 440 Dixie Highway, Rossford, Ohio, 43460. Phone: 1-419-666-5767. There is an account designated for Gavin. Checks should be made out as follows: FOR THE BENEFIT OF GAVIN BOGGS. Thank you

I don't think any more resources should be pooled into buying more sets. I say that with the best intentions

We asked everyone to submit their final pledge by Sunday evening so all further donations can be directed to the family.  Details on where to send those donations are above.

Here is a quick update on the donations for the sets:

We received $839.01 via Paypal after transaction fees. I am covering the transaction fees so adding that back ($25.99) plus my original pledge of $40, brings us to $905.00 (one $20 pledge is still outstanding).  We purchased 4 sets that totaled $746.35.  The remaining balance of $158.65 will go towards the minifigure shelf, or if that plan doesn't work out, another larger set.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...