LEGO Flash Mob - Bone Cancer Child

BrickLegacy

VW Beetle and Vader's Tie Advance. Those are some serious gifts

I'm guessing the people that donated them along with the family have no clue how much they are really worth.  Honestly, I didn't pay that close attention to the sets since I was just trying to maneuver my way for a few pictures.

I'm in for $25. Only 40 to go. Please Pm me PayPal info. Also, brick legacy it looks like there might be a MF behind that tie fighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Yeah, that should be the MF we donated ...I took the pics on our way out and that's where she was putting it.  

I'll add you to the list to PM.  Thanks for the support!

Only $40 to go for the Death Star!

I'm guessing the people that donated them along with the family have no clue how much they are really worth.  Honestly, I didn't pay that close attention to the sets since I was just trying to maneuver my way for a few pictures.

Or they do not care how much they are worth. Next to the hospital bill's the family has to endure its nothing.

Whenever I am in the hospital and a patient smiles, be it an adult or a child, it makes my day. I wish I could do more but sometimes all I can offer is a smile and a hand to hold.

• Like 2

Or they do not care how much they are worth. Next to the hospital bill's the family has to endure its nothing.

Whenever I am in the hospital and a patient smiles, be it an adult or a child, it makes my day. I wish I could do more but sometimes all I can offer is a smile and a hand to hold.

Very good point.  The joy he will receive from building the sets is what matters most.  Not to mention the memories that will be with him after he conquers this illness.  A smile or hand to hold is sometimes all we need at the time.  

I'll finish up the DS with a matching $40 just let me know where to send the money.

Edited to say I'm good with any other set also.

WE DID IT!

Thank you guys for the support.  This is an amazing thing you've all done.  I'll send out a PM to everyone once I confirm we are going with the Death Star. I'm thankful to have found this site a few months ago.  I never knew it would not only lead me on crazy road trip hauls but it would one day lead me to this.  I couldn't have done it without each and every one of you.

You have my word that the set will arrive safely in the family's hands.  I'll be sure to share that experience with everyone on here.  Please look for a PM in the next couple of days with paypal information.

In the meantime, if you still want to donate by mailing a set, I can PM you their address.  

Or if someone decides we should make a run at the Ewok Village....I'm not going to stop them ... let's keep this going!  :-)

• Like 1

This is absolutely amazing.I'm down to start another pool and make a run for yet another amazing set! Ewok Village, Arkham, SSD, Horizon Express with power functions, a Sea Cow would be awesome! He'll never be bored again and we all know LEGO has amazing healing capabilities.

I'm in for $50. Legacy, you truely a saint. Will you please PM me the PayPal info?

Ewok village run!!

Count me in for $40 or even if it goes to just a cash donation to the family, I'm cool with that too.

This is absolutely amazing.I'm down to start another pool and make a run for yet another amazing set! Ewok Village, Arkham, SSD, Horizon Express with power functions, a Sea Cow would be awesome! He'll never be bored again and we all know LEGO has amazing healing capabilities.

I'm in for $50. Legacy, you truely a saint. Will you please PM me the PayPal info?

Thank you to you both!  I'm in for another $20 towards the Ewok Village.

That's $110 so far....which means .... only $140 left for the Ewok Village!  You guys are incredible.

I'll send him a DeLorean

PM me the info

Thank you! 

Sign me up for $10 not much but I want to contribute

Thanks!  We appreciate the donation.

Only $90 left to get the Ewok Village for Gavin!

I sent out paypal information for those who pledged towards the Death Star.  Thank you to everyone for your help.  I should be able to order that once I receive everyone's donation (hopefully later today or tomorrow).

Here is an update on what you guys have donated as a group:

We have 10 BrickPickers who are sending Gavin sets!  That is going to be so awesome for the family over the course of the next week.  It will be like Christmas in March. And trust me, it feels like Christmas weather here in Ohio.

As for the Death Star and Ewok Village, we have over 18 Brickpickers who have contributed.  The donations are coming in from Canada, California, Missouri, South Carolina, Illinois, Nebraska...all over!  It's crazy...you guys are amazing.

Thanks again for the support!

$50 to village (or whatever is next to buy)

Wow!  Thank you tonysbricks!

We are now at $620 raised!  That is incredible.  We are only $30 from our goal of $650.  

I did hear back from the family:

It was great meeting you too. I am so grateful for people like you that are so supportive of Gavin and his family. I will let (my sister) know about the surprise gifts. Gavin will be so excited getting these in the mail.

I did check about the Star Wars Death Star and they did get it. I can ask her about other big sets if you'd like. I do know that is the only big set they have.

We also talked about having this event annually to benefit other kids with cancer in the area. We'd love for you and your friends to be a part of this.

Thank you so much.

Since he did receive a Death Star last night (how awesome is that?!), I asked her what other larger sets Gavin would enjoy building most.  She replied:

This is so incredible! We really appreciate this.  I know Gavin would LOVE any of these sets, so I'll let you decide. (If that's ok). That way it will be a complete surprise.  I really can't thank you enough. Keep me updated. :)

So here is the plan.  Let's first try and reach our original $650 goal.

We will definitely do the Ewok Village ($250) and the Arkham Asylum Breakout. ($160).  I'll order from Amazon to save on tax and shipping.  That leaves $240 to spend on another large set or two.  R2D2 is an option, maybe a Batcave, anything else come to mind?

Special thank you to everyone who is mailing sets and to those who have donated money towards this cause.  I am honored to be a part of this.

(edited to remove double quote)