Mega Bloks - SpongeBob Squarepants

TheOrcKing

Here I thought the sponge in brick form just dried up but instead find out that the license was acquired by Mega Bloks. Well I guess you just can't keep a good sponge down. Rather weird actually seeing the Invisible Boatmobile considering it is supposed to be, well, 'invisible'.

1megaSPONGE4.jpg

DSCN81691.JPG

DSCN81561.JPG

1megaSPONGE2.jpg

DSCN81671.JPG

DSCN81551.JPG

DSCN81681.JPG

1megaSPONGE3.jpg

DSCN81661.JPG

1megaSPONGE1.jpg

DSCN81641.JPG

DSCN81651.JPG

And now owned by Mattel, correct?  Lego has a bit more competition now, not saying equal competition, but more.

Yep. Mega Bloks now a part of Mattel certainly does hold a whole lot of intellectual properties in its deck of cards but then again they would need something to make up for the quality of their bricks. The designs for their Halo sets are rather spot-on but that line sees more re-releases/redesigns than even Lego with Star Wars.

• 4 months later...

I just saw these at Target as it seems the store is completely rearranging their building block aisles same as they were done two years ago. :mda: I must say the boxes with their vibrantly colored artwork is eye-catching to say the least. I found a small case of the random figure baggies they 'borrowed' from a better quality product line. The figures do match the characters from the cartoon to a "T" from the looks of everything, I will give Mega Bloks credit for that. If they had a Prehistoric SpongeBob and Patrick figure, I would have to buy those for my mother. That was her favorite episode. Haha.

Someone said that Mega Blocks CoD was good, but the few Skylanders sets we have are terrible.

There was a ton of those Skylanders packs just added to the clearance aisle of my Walmart and I do mean A TON. :O

• 2 weeks later...

Invisible Boatmobile showed up at Target near my house this past week too..  I think it actually looks kinda cool.  Although the blue tint is not exactly "clear".  But I guess it's a good approximation of how Wonder Woman's invisible jet by lego will look?