March vs. April ??

Alright maybe you guys can help me with this question ... With the March promo (Martian manhunter) vs. April Double points in mind ... I wan to buy 4 Exclusive sets... When and how would you buy them and split the benefits of both promos ??? More man hunters or double points ... I say man

hunters .

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I'm waiting for april and got a couple MM off ebay for $14 each but I'm only picking up the sydney opera house. if you're getting several over $75 sets go with march

Double points means you'll get 10% (5% more than normal) in actual dollars than you would this month.

Single points plus Martian Manhunter means you get 5% in actual dollars back, plus Martian.

If you go with conventional wisdom that says you can probably clear $15 - $20 from Martian after fees, you'd have to spend $300 to $400 in a single transaction in April to equal what you can probably get in March.

If your exclusives can be broken up and you can get more than one Martian (which sometimes you can and sometimes you can't, the promo does say one per household) that $300 - $400 number goes up.

• Like 1

Double points means you'll get 10% (5% more than normal) in actual dollars than you would this month.

Single points plus Martian Manhunter means you get 5% in actual dollars back, plus Martian.

If you go with conventional wisdom that says you can probably clear $15 - $20 from Martian after fees, you'd have to spend $300 to $400 in a single transaction in April to equal what you can probably get in March.

If your exclusives can be broken up and you can get more than one Martian (which sometimes you can and sometimes you can't, the promo does say one per household) that $300 - $400 number goes up.

The whole hearse and zoo show taught us that TLG cares abslutely nothing about what does fine print of the MM promo say. 10 orders of nonexistent hearses and zoos, same account, all cancelled? Here are your 10 marsians with free shipping, you are welcome

Sometimes, they care. The inconsistency of enforcement of their policies is pretty common knowledge at this point, I think.

Agreed. I ordered a grand emporium on March 1. Received it with a MM. I ordered a Volkswagen camper also on march 1, several hours after I ordered the GE. No MM came with it. Today I received my nine hearses with a MM, and a Jabbas palace, also with a MM. I still have three more orders in shipped status, and they all show that a MM is included. On march 1 they enforced. Once the hearse and zoo event went into full swing, they were probably having too much trouble trying to fix everything that they didn't give a hoot at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker