My order status

Well, the 10229 Winter Village Cottage that I ordered last week when it randomly popped up in the daily deals thread for RRP arrived last night. I expected it was going to be a mislabeled Santas Visit, but to my great surprise it was indeed a sealed 10229! Sold and shipped by Amazon. Box is a bit dinged up and it has a price tag from another retailer on it, so I'm very curious of the story behind it. 

• Like 3

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, legorunner said:

Well, the 10229 Winter Village Cottage that I ordered last week when it randomly popped up in the daily deals thread for RRP arrived last night. I expected it was going to be a mislabeled Santas Visit, but to my great surprise it was indeed a sealed 10229! Sold and shipped by Amazon. Box is a bit dinged up and it has a price tag from another retailer on it, so I'm very curious of the story behind it. 

Maybe a lost FBA set that amazon helped themselves to?

• Like 3

My 5 HP Trains from Walmart sale yesterday are all getting shipped by local drivers.  2 drivers (2 sets/3 sets).  The first driver has delivered 2 sets each in poly bags.  Thankfully both in good condition.  Other 3 sets are still "preparing", but have a note associated to "leave at front door."  This really surprises me because the ONLY reason we've held off signing up for Walmart+ is because it always tells me my address is not eligible for grocery/local store delivery, but yet Walmart is doing exactly that.  We do weekly curbside pickup at Walmart for groceries and it has been great.  However, it does take me about an hour per pickup (18min there, 18 min back plus time waiting for groceries to be loaded) so I've been hoping to do Walmart+ grocery delivery if/when it becomes available.  

Oooof.

Well multiples deliveries later (from the same store).  All but 2 Trains arrived.  They must have some in store caps with these sets for BF.  Guess we will see later in the week.

Unfortunately I'm not home to inspect but wife said all are in decent shape individually wrapped.

Edited by scratchdesk

10 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

First batch of kohls garbage bags arrived today

image.thumb.png.0edb9395d33894089d13c5408137cb7e.png

predictably, 75% of contents were destroyed or bashed.

Whatever came in a box was 99% fine tho.

Anyone have experience with large kohls returns? dont really care if i get banne dby them at this point just dont wanna jeopardized my pending kohls cash

They will reclaim your Kohl's cash, but the return is fairly painless.

Wmt orders arrived today all in baggies....A few boxes had minor nicks but overall not too bad....Couldn't been a lot worse considering the pics i've seen from here and various other sites of packages being destroyed and some being left in the rain/snow.....Also got my rakuten $$$ as well

Lego order arrived safe and sound with the only issue being one of the GWP's had a minor nick on the box

Quick question for everyone....I've never had to do it (Knock On Wood) but if you do a return on your items i assume Rakuten/Honey takes their $$$ back as well correct?

Edited by mlc3423

1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:

First batch of kohls garbage bags arrived today

image.thumb.png.0edb9395d33894089d13c5408137cb7e.png

predictably, 75% of contents were destroyed or bashed.

Whatever came in a box was 99% fine tho.

Anyone have experience with large kohls returns? dont really care if i get banne dby them at this point just dont wanna jeopardized my pending kohls cash

I guess they ran out of those new boxes. If you spent the KC then the amount of the return will be decreased. You can try online chat “I bought these as Xmas gifts for all the kids in my town”, if the sets are OOS they may issue a refund and you get to keep the KC. If they are in stock you can get a replacement that is processed differently than the original order. 

51 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I guess they ran out of those new boxes. If you spent the KC then the amount of the return will be decreased. You can try online chat “I bought these as Xmas gifts for all the kids in my town”, if the sets are OOS they may issue a refund and you get to keep the KC. If they are in stock you can get a replacement that is processed differently than the original order. 

Interesting idea. The sets are oos. So I guess Ill ask them for replacements and see what they say. Truth is I dont mind simply returning them as I have too many AT microfighters...

nah, kohls will give me 100% back. truth is, if you complain to them they oftentimes let you keep it but I feel bad doing that especially in scale. feels like robbing them.

Seems like most of those in the picture are fine. Your end user will not care much minor box damage on these I expect. You could always complain about the really damaged ones and then just return the other ones you don’t want that are mostly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, melting said:

Where were those pics from?

From one of the lego “ambassadors” Jays Brick Blog:

“Is this the most premium @lego GWP yet?

You definitely want to redeem the LEGO Dragon Adventure Ride (aka Bricktober 2022 set) that's available for VIP Weekend.

LEGO absolutely knocked the packaging design and unboxing experience out of the park with this series.”

He posted an unboxing but that is not what we got in the USA. 

ETA: here is what the set of 4 was supposed to look like. 

https://brickset.com/article/82108/this-year-s-bricktober-sets-revealed

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Sad 1