30 sets for $300 ? Go for it or not?

I'm looking at having this shipped to me for about $100 probably so final price of about $300

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/cape-breton/lego/572040669

I've priced the few kits for which we can see the numbers and there's nothing too exciting in there... The Harry Potter poster doesn't mean that the castle is in there... I've asked the following questions and am waiting on answers:

How many pounds?

Exact count of instructions booklets?

All Legos?

You assistance would be greatly appreciated with trying to figure out if this a good deal or not

Thank you

I would pass.  The Hogwarts castle is worth money but even the soccer set (seems that those are the big 2 sets, everything else is smaller) makes the risk not worth it.  If it were in person I would say perhaps but with $100 shipping I wouldn't do it.  Perhaps others see value I don't?

• Like 1

I now know that it's about 30 lbs. The bulk deals are few and far in between here in the maritimes, we just don't have that large of a population so $10 a pound (including shipping) I think is okay, correct? The lady told me the instructions books are in either in all the bags or the boxes so I'm probably looking at complete sets here also...

Without the castle, at $300 it's not a good "investment." Too much risk unless they can identify set #s.

For adding to your personal collection? Maybe selling a couple sets to keep the cost down? It's a decent deal.

See if she'll budge on the $200 since it'll cost you so much to ship it and you really need to save money to feed your poor starving kids. :)

• Like 2

Just an fyi, but I think that leaflet that showed the castle was just that, an advertisement.  I don't think it was an instruction book.  I would definitely try to get a set list and then compare to sold listings on ebay to get a value.  Always try to make as informed a decision as possible.  Whether you end up buying or not, you will at least know you didn't miss out or pay too much.