Building the 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon.

jaisonline

Notes:

Now just need to figure out where two metallic silver 1x1 round w/ stud elements go. the set includes two.

Then place the 5 missing elements on it once they arrive (from the seller).

I'll type a summary tomorrow with my thoughts.

Hey man, congrats on completing it. It's a truly massive awesome set to have. I have mine permanently set in my spare room on a tv stand.

I am jealous that you did get the sticker though :(. I haven't been able to drop over $200 for one yet.

Now as far as your note, those 2 metallic studs actually go underneath the clear dish that are the lights of the mandibles.

• Like 1

Hey man, congrats on completing it. It's a truly massive awesome set to have. I have mine permanently set in my spare room on a tv stand.

I am jealous that you did get the sticker though :(. I haven't been able to drop over $200 for one yet.

Now as far as your note, those 2 metallic studs actually go underneath the clear dish that are the lights of the mandibles.

Actually, it's funny.  I received both missing light gray radar dishes on Saturday and installed them.  While doing that, I took a chance and placed both of those studs under the lights.  perfect timing for your post.  THANKS for the confirmation.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think you should have left it there, then it wouldn't have been destroyed (for a while).

Here the irony. The rack fell once and missed the 10179 totally. When I picked it up, it fell again. Guess I had to many Polo shorts hanging. Ugh. D'oh me.

Barely touched it though. The set is kinda fragile.

I just finished this build as well, it was epic. A lot of time spent sorting through pieces. I tend go want to finish a build in one sitting, just not possible with this set. I would recommend taking a break if getting tired as it is very easy to make mistakes if not concentrating. Now that it is done I just can't stop staring at it!

I've been building the ISD 10030 and, while its looking great, get bored really quick. Will take me a while too....

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I hear ya, so many gray elements, truth be told, I was kind of bored with building 10179 about 1/3 into it. Then I picked up steam with the final 10 steps. The occasional non-gray element kept me from going all crazy eyes.

When I built 10198, 95% of it is white and that drove me nuts until it finished. That set is DYNO-MITE!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't take it. There were only a a handful of greebling elements that needed to be placed on the 10179 to be 100% again. I even moved the set to be away from everything except the Eiffel Tower.

Then my wife struck after I TOLD HER I'LL GET my son's birthday presents. No, she snuck down to the basement. Here are the results...

post-3743-1404487811029_thumb.jpg

She is killing me. Where is my "Independence" on this 4th of July.

Ugh.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

I can't take it. There were only a a handful of greebling elements that needed to be placed on the 10179 to be 100% again. I even moved the set to be away from everything except the Eiffel Tower.

Then my wife struck after I TOLD HER I'LL GET my son's birthday presents. No, she snuck down to the basement. Here are the results...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBrickpicker1404487811.747792.jpg

She is killing me. Where is my "Independence" on this 4th of July.

Ugh.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

Rest in piece(s).

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a cool little blog on how to save money Bricklinking a UCS 10179 with substitute parts.

http://www.dagsbricks.com/2014/07/lego-techniques-building-millenium.html#comment-form

good article.  guess i'm more of a purist as i always build w/ the intended parts. hey, i'm an investor also. ha. 

a substitute element pieced together set 10179 will prob be harder to sell than a "real" one and the ROI might also be lower.  

have you tried that BrickStock app?  it seems helpful. i did read a $20 registration fee.

good article.  guess i'm more of a purist as i always build w/ the intended parts. hey, i'm an investor also. ha. 

a substitute element pieced together set 10179 will prob be harder to sell than a "real" one and the ROI might also be lower.  

have you tried that BrickStock app?  it seems helpful. i did read a $20 registration fee.

I haven't used any of the tools mentioned.  They sound handy and this would probably work for a fan who wants to build one.  I'm not sure if I would go this route, but options are always nice.

I use Brickstock for other purposes.  It does require a $20 fee if you want to register it.  You can use it in Demo mode, which as far as I can tell has full functionality except for a pop-up that you have to close every 20 minutes or so.  I'm not will to pay $20 just to get it to go away.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...