• Toy Shop
    • Bakery
    • Post Office
    • Cottage
    • Market
    • Santa's Workshop

11 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
14 hours ago, ravenb99 said:
Christmas Tree sets are jacked up pretty bad.   Lot of returns coming in for missing pieces and seem to be random / different.  Guess not numbered bags either.  Never opened one yet.  Did weigh mine and range from 780-935 grams.  Probably 75% of them are 805,  then about 10% 780 , 10% 820 and 5% 900+ grams

I built one, and yeah, the unnumbered bags were a pain. Mine wasn't missing anything though. Guess I got lucky.

so we checked an 805 and it was all good,  all pieces accounted for.  Was 10 sealed bags.  Then opened a 935 and had 3 extra bags.  Assume the 900 ones are 2 extra bags.  They weren't different bags and were just duplicates of the original bags.  Removing the 3 bags and putting all contents back in it weighed the 820 so assume the 805 and 820 are good.

Guess I'll check one of the 780.  The bags weigh from like 25 to 90 grams so that could be one.  Problem is the 2 reported missing parts are in different bags altogether.

Most the problems reported have been in the 34TX2 which are actually the newer ones in store.  The 36TX2 I've had the longest and had the 3 that were 2-3 bags over.

Obviously by that there is a lot of packaging errors on these I guess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ravenb99 said:

34TX2

Those useless Seal Codes coming in handy again ;) 

After reading your OP I read the reviews where several mention missing pieces and a loose piece, and most mention the no numbered bags as a build issue. I wonder with the newer sets to address the missing pieces they just added more sealed bags. 

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Those useless Seal Codes coming in handy again ;) 

After reading your OP I read the reviews where several mention missing pieces and a loose piece, and most mention the no numbered bags as a build issue. I wonder with the newer sets to address the missing pieces they just added more sealed bags. 

meh actually they didn't as I found the same issues in 36TX2's.  Only difference was 36TX2's had the only heavy ones.  All the 34's were either good or light. Where as 36 had a combination of all 3 (good, light, and heavy)

So bottom line if you have 805-820 you are good,  805 is the most common.

Anything under 800 is missing a bag/bags.  Some were missing 1 some were missing 2.  Most common missing is the candles bag and the bag with the round green circles and gold piece.

The ones over 900 have 2-3 extra bags and unfortunately aren't even the candle bags most the time.

Good news is only 3 out of 50 or so were light so only 6%.  No one would complain about the overages so small percentage but enough volume could add up.

37TX2 supposedly out now too but don't have any of those.

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Which one of you went all out with your life sized MOC Christmas Tree this year? 

guilty,  what else was there to do with them.  First seasonal set that hasn't sold out of these new ones at all this year.  Seeing years 2 are usually the death of them and now some hitting year 3 this does not seem to be a good pattern going forward.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New member here....and I have a question.  :)

I received my first Winter Village set (Santa's Visit 10293) and see that I will now be doing whatever I have to do to collect the entire set - haha.  My question is:  are the smaller sets (like the "ice skating rink" 40416 or "santa's sleigh" 40499) the same building scale as the larger Creator Winter Village sets?  

I'd like to get some of the smaller ones to fill in the village, but I think it's weird when there's a giant car next to a small house (like one sees in the Department 56 Ceramic Holiday Village sets).  Drives me nuts!  :)

Thanks for any insight you all can give.  I'd like to know before I buy any of the smaller sets.

56 minutes ago, 1998teeth said:

New member here....and I have a question.  :)

I received my first Winter Village set (Santa's Visit 10293) and see that I will now be doing whatever I have to do to collect the entire set - haha.  My question is:  are the smaller sets (like the "ice skating rink" 40416 or "santa's sleigh" 40499) the same building scale as the larger Creator Winter Village sets?  

I'd like to get some of the smaller ones to fill in the village, but I think it's weird when there's a giant car next to a small house (like one sees in the Department 56 Ceramic Holiday Village sets).  Drives me nuts!  :)

Thanks for any insight you all can give.  I'd like to know before I buy any of the smaller sets.

The smaller sets can definitely help to fill out the scenes and tend to have objects that would fit what you already have, like the ones you mentioned or 40262.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The lodge is cute, not sure we need another ice pond.

Never can have enough toilets though. Lego seems to be on a poop fetish this past year with Lion nights Castle and Ninjango Markets both having poop featured as a play feature, and other sets having TP functionality like A-Frame Cabin. Not sure if there are more sets as well but I would think City and Friends perhaps. 

This has to be good for your TP side hustle ;) 

I think the real story for this set is the price being maintained at $99 and the PPP. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1