Why going to Toys R Us is like cheating on your wife or girlfriend....

Lateral-G

When you go into Toys R Us to the Lego section it's like going to the Gentleman's Club. You are overwhelmed by the choice and selection. You drool and salivate. So many to choose from...you want them all! So much more than Walmart or Target or any where else (save a Lego Store). There are so many to choose from.......and all so beautiful. You make your choice(s) then head to the checkout aisle. Once at the register it's like coming home late and your wife (or GF) sees the lipstick on your collar then knees you in the groin.....several times. The prices at Toys R Us suck the wind right out of you like a genital hit. Even with a BOGHO the blow is barely softened.

Rather interesting analogy of a topic here.

Once at the register it's like coming home late and your wife (or GF) sees the lipstick on your collar then knees you in the groin.....several times.

I'm sure there are plenty of spouses that feel the same way when their significant other comes home with over a couple hundred dollars worth of toys & collectibles in their hands (especially when there are bills & the mortgage among other things that still needs to be paid off).

I honestly cannot remember the last time I actually stepped into a Toys R Us really. Anytime I have to deal with them is through their website, and it has been a long time since I've done that either. The in-store selection at the last one I can remember wasn't that good of one at all.

I will admit that when I'm in the store and all those LEGO sets are sitting there, it takes some self control to keep myself from buying the lot! Heh.

TRUs are quite varied around the country. I know mine is very basic and has about the same as my local Target. I read other members talk about buying large sets from TRU, which I never see. It's just like when I read members say they buy large sets from certain Targets and Walmarts, which I also never see. I just live by some very average stores. I don't even have a LEGO store near me. If I want a big set, online is the only way... PS: TRU prices suck the very life from me...