The LEGO Movie Effect

There were countless debates on here as to how The LEGO Movie would impact the re-seller market.  

I think we are starting to witness the initial impact with the influx of new users on the daily deals threads.  I can't help but notice all the newbie questions and everyone pouncing on every deal that comes in.  Meanwhile, the savvy veterans sit back and apply their strategy methodically.  

I'm not a veteran but I'm definitely noticing a trend on the forums lately.

Is this the beginning of a new era of LEGO investing or just a short-term spike in activity because of this crazy week?

It's been happening for quite some time now not just now that the movie is out.

I havent noticed investment sales or profits change as the movie just came out like a month ago, too short of a time to see how the movie will affect the investment market. But i first started to notice a growth in lego investors last summer during the summer sales, seemed like the site activity level jumped massively and has stayed pretty strong since then. Also, as pointed out by OP lots of newbie topics like "how do i get started" or "how to invest with $100 or less" all people wanting to jump on the band wagon. More investors means more competition and lower profits in the after market, if you want to stay alive in the coming years you will need to be aggressive and do your research. But it is quite possible that the lego movie will draw more adults into investing, only time will tell i guess.