What Lego set did you return today?

BrickLegacy

I had buyer's remorse so I returned a few sets this week.

1 - Hive Crawler (50% off)

2 - Swarm Interceptor (30% off)

2 - Black Zero Escape (30% off)

I'm also planning to return the 4 AS I bought from Target (2 thru eBay) since they aren't retiring and I'd like to free up some funds for other purchases.

Feel free to post your returns here.  It could be buyer's remorse, better deal, damaged box, etc.

I returned a Dolphin Cruiser and two Cinderella's Castles. Pricing was good, but not great, and there's still plenty of time to pick these up.

I'll be returning a Haunted House to Walmart tomorrow, because it was fairly destroyed when it arrived. I've already received the replacement one.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Honestly I've only returned 1 set, a MOM a little beat up that I got for $54.00 @ Walmart. A week before target sold them for $40.00. Bought a few of the nice boxed MOMs and returned the beat up one. I will admit I wish I could return some of the city sets I bought early on. Good prices and I sure they will do O.K over time. Just feel, as mentioned, I could have better "deployed capital".

Guest TabbyBoy

How did you manage a return on your Malevolence sets after a year of purchase?

I called them and stated that other retailers offer a 365-day return policy eg. Chain Reaction Cycles where I get bike parts from.  It's at their discretion of course and I was offered vouchers rather than an actual refund.  It's probably a one-off that I can do this but, my purchases have been a lot less careless since.  I was thinking of "trolling" and saying that I returned my 6 Fire Brigades bought for

Am having some buyer remorse but problem is that I bought a couple of the same sets from various places, e.***. tru, target. Am planning to return some of the target ones but not sure which are the exact sets that came from there. Would I run into any problems if I had mistakenly taken some tru sets for the target return? Or is the same lego set serialised/bar-coded in the same way at all these stores?

Am having some buyer remorse but problem is that I bought a couple of the same sets from various places, e.***. tru, target. Am planning to return some of the target ones but not sure which are the exact sets that came from there. Would I run into any problems if I had mistakenly taken some tru sets for the target return? Or is the same lego set serialised/bar-coded in the same way at all these stores?

Nope. People try to return stuff that was given as a birthday present and was purchased at another store. Somehow they fail to see the sticker from the other store on the box...

I once accepted a returned Lego that was bought in Denmark...

• Like 1

The problem with Target is their receipts suck. Most of the time they just say give you dpci # with a generic "Lego" description so you have to search the dpci # to figure out wth it was for. They do the samething with video games so I never know what receipt has what until I look everything up.

I attempted to return 8 hive crawlers last night to the Walmart I bought them from less than a month ago. I lost my receipt, but gave them the card I used for the purchase so they could look it up. All of the clearance stickers were visible and I believed the denied the return based on that.

This Walmart apparently has store discretion regarding returns without a receipt, even though the corporate policy says otherwise.

I attempted to return 8 hive crawlers last night to the Walmart I bought them from less than a month ago. I lost my receipt, but gave them the card I used for the purchase so they could look it up. All of the clearance stickers were visible and I believed the denied the return based on that.

This Walmart apparently has store discretion regarding returns without a receipt, even though the corporate policy says otherwise.

Were they not able to find your purchase using the CC?

I was at a walmart over the weekend that had their clearance listed as final sale and no returns. Perhaps a few stores have discretion over their clearance policies.

Ex astris, scientia.

I am not surprised by this. With more and more people buying in large quantities to resell and then using the store's return period as their own personal "grace period", this is bound to become more prevalent. When a store slashes prices to move product they are not doing it to be nice. They are doing it because they need the shelf space, and they don't expect that merchandise to be returned. When someone comes back 85 days after purchase with a full cart of product that was previously sold on clearance, the store has no room for it. Then they are usually forced to mark it down further to get rid of it again, so they take the hit twice.

A few people on here probably remember the noob who dropped eight grand on walmart clearance after Christmas last year, only to return the vast majority of it the very next week to a single store. I remember him stating that he bought it all from several different stores, then got buyers remorse and planned on returning the whole lot of it to a single store. Could you imagine dumping eight freaking grand of product on the poor CS employee? Crazy. Somebody should dig up that old thread and post a link. Would make for some good reading again.

I am not surprised by this. With more and more people buying in large quantities to resell and then using the store's return period as their own personal "grace period", this is bound to become more prevalent. When a store slashes prices to move product they are not doing it to be nice. They are doing it because they need the shelf space, and they don't expect that merchandise to be returned. When someone comes back 85 days after purchase with a full cart of product that was previously sold on clearance, the store has no room for it. Then they are usually forced to mark it down further to get rid of it again, so they take the hit twice.

A few people on here probably remember the noob who dropped eight grand on walmart clearance after Christmas last year, only to return the vast majority of it the very next week to a single store. I remember him stating that he bought it all from several different stores, then got buyers remorse and planned on returning the whole lot of it to a single store. Could you imagine dumping eight freaking grand of product on the poor CS employee? Crazy. Somebody should dig up that old thread and post a link. Would make for some good reading again.

Yeah, I am waiting for all return polices to end up like BB... 15 days to return crap and a mystery limit at which they ban you from returning crap.