How much should I sell my Lego for?

DeadlyGaming

haha, so many of my friends have sob stories...

Thankfully my parents don't throw stuff like that out. Still have all of mine as well as GI Joes and micro machines.

Yeah, my parents didn't throw stuff away but they gave most of my toys away to the kids of their friends. IE a ton of Star Wars toys were given away and broken... They did manage to keep all the legos though!

haha, so many of my friends have sob stories...

Thankfully my parents don't throw stuff like that out. Still have all of mine as well as GI Joes and micro machines.

Mine didn't throw my old toys out but they were stored in the garage and after more than a decade's worth of hot summers later a lot of the plastic ones started melting. Lots of sticky Barbies and My Little Ponies from the 80s. Even a Strawberry Shortcake doll whose legs have separated from the torso. Let me tell you it's weird seeing a pair of legs still perfectly contained in a pair of green and white striped tights and little shoes with no body!

Too bad because many of them are worth a pretty penny on eBay. And it would have been nice to pass them on to my daughter as well. I'm definitely going to take better care storing her toy collection!

I threw out/gave away a ton of my Lego from my childhood around this age. Worst decision I've ever made, i had some great sets that today would be worth a pretty penny. And some of them are sets that i wish i still had and are just too expensive these days to get back.

I had the first UCS X-Wing, and like a silly rebellious teen who thought LEGO was for children and i was too "cool" for toys i gave it away :(

I will agree though that having cash at that age is great. I'd try to be selective in what you sell, this should also make it a bit easier. There's no doubt in my mind that you will want some of those sets in the future.

When you're young you want to grow up; when you've grown up you want to be young again.  :pinch:

I would encourage you to not sell them. One day you will get back into Legos after you become an adult and you will wish you never sold them.

I dont know right now I am getting in to videogames a ton more and looking for money to buy games and consoles  and if I have extra money after that I could buy more legos.

I threw out/gave away a ton of my Lego from my childhood around this age. Worst decision I've ever made, i had some great sets that today would be worth a pretty penny. And some of them are sets that i wish i still had and are just too expensive these days to get back.

I had the first UCS X-Wing, and like a silly rebellious teen who thought LEGO was for children and i was too "cool" for toys i gave it away :(

I will agree though that having cash at that age is great. I'd try to be selective in what you sell, this should also make it a bit easier. There's no doubt in my mind that you will want some of those sets in the future.

When you're young you want to grow up; when you've grown up you want to be young again.  :pinch:

Right now its hard for me to decide if I should sell stuff or not because Im looking to get videogames and videogame consoles. The one thing that I dont know if I should sell or not is the deathstar but im not sure hopefully after I would have Money to get new sets though once I bought everything I want.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know right now I am getting in to videogames a ton more and looking for money to buy games and consoles and if I have extra money after that I could buy more legos.

If you are going to sell them at least out the money to good use, video games depreciate! Invest the money, you'll appreciate that in a few years :-)