Minas Tirith set 2014

iirc, the rumour for that set came from a rather shady source but who nows, maybe lego does intend to make a rather small minas tirith set. Personally, I wouldnt want to see that happen. I want something huge. Something that would cost $500 and include a ton of minifigs to please all of the lotr fans :P

• Like 1

That "blacktiger13" member who posted it never posted again - I think it was like their first post on the site, all of the sets are cliche, prices wouldn't even be announced yet.....it's funny that lego sites and forums keep citing sources based on sources based on sources based on sources based on that one post.

As much as I want to believe there are more LOTR sets coming this year, it just isn't going to happen outside of a surprise exclusive announcement.  Toy fair only had a measly placeholder sign for more Hobbit sets coming later in the year, but that's going to be it.  At least there are Galadriel and Witch King figures coming in those sets, but I'm going to be sorely missing Arwen, Faramir, and some Gondor soldiers.

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors.  At this point, any Minas Tirith would be a D2C and would cost way more than what was mentioned and a Lego exclusive.  If we get one in a line, it will be 2015, as the 2014 sets have been seen at the shows.  It's possible something shows up at SDCC, but I'm doubting it.

Where can I find info about what was mentioned in the shows?  And for that matter, what shows?  Lol.  I apologize for my ignorance.  I know a lot about current Legos, but my strong point has never been knowledge of upcoming sets.  Thanks!

Where can I find info about what was mentioned in the shows?  And for that matter, what shows?  Lol.  I apologize for my ignorance.  I know a lot about current Legos, but my strong point has never been knowledge of upcoming sets.  Thanks!

I'm just saying that all the Summer 2014 sets  have been seen at the Toy shows, ala Nuremburg and New York, so the earliest we would see any new LotR sets would be the Winter 2015 wave, unless it's a secret D2C set that could pop up at any time.  I'm hoping it's just the Hobbit split of 2 to 3 movies that has messed up the timing of the sets, and that the shelves are full of Lego Movie at this time so that LotR got shoved back a wave.