Barnes and Noble Question about member discount

LegoDayd

This is probably located somewhere else but I couldn't figure it out on B&****** website or find here.

I want to grab a Death Star at my closest B&******.

I saw on their site about the kids program and you get 30% off first Toy purchase.

I signed up for my online account only, not my kids club thing yet. I heard it entitles you to 10% discount on everything? Is this true?

So with the kids club coupon it will be 40% off total for a DS?

Sorry if the questions are stupid I don't want to take a ride to B&****** and not get the 40% off.

Thanks

LD

Some people have never got the coupon emailed to them after signing up for kids club, seems like half get rejected in the store if they get the coupon. I got shot down on an R2 a few days ago because its an adults toy. You are not guaranteed to get the discount. If you type "kids club" in the upper right search you will find a bunch of results.

With the $25 B&****** membership, you get 10% off at any B&****** store.

The 30% off coupon (which excludes DS, R2D2, Mindstorm, etc) comes with your free enrollment in Kid's Club.

IF the B&****** store allows you to use the 30% coupon on a DS (very YMMV), then your discount will be:

399.95 x .9 x .7 = 251.97 (pre-tax)

The discount is 37% and not 40%.

The wording on the kids club coupon does not specifically exclude DS, R2D2, Mindstorms (at least the one I have). It does mention eligibility list, which includes "kids toys". Now that's where it gets tricky. it is completely up to store clerk/manager to decide if those sets are considered "kids toys". Some will say it is "collectible", some that it is "adult toy", and some will point out age rating on the box, claiming that it is above "kids". Smoothtalking might help, having actual kid with you might help

The wording on the kids club coupon does not specifically exclude DS, R2D2, Mindstorms (at least the one I have). It does mention eligibility list, which includes "kids toys". Now that's where it gets tricky. it is completely up to store clerk/manager to decide if those sets are considered "kids toys". Some will say it is "collectible", some that it is "adult toy", and some will point out age rating on the box, claiming that it is above "kids". Smoothtalking might help, having actual kid with you might help

You are correct about the wording on the 30% coupon.  I got mixed up between the wording of the 30% coupon and the coupons that B&****** sends to its members.

Also keep in mind that every November B&****** has a deal that when you buy a $75 gift card you get a free $10 one that can be used after Dec. 26th.  That's 13% off so if you use your membership that's a total of 23% off and if you get any of those 30% coupons that they give away during the holiday season you could save up to 43% off.

Also keep in mind that every November B&****** has a deal that when you buy a $75 gift card you get a free $10 one that can be used after Dec. 26th.  That's 13% off so if you use your membership that's a total of 23% off and if you get any of those 30% coupons that they give away during the holiday season you could save up to 43% off.

They have it continuously running? I thought it was post-thanksgiving deal

Edit: Ah, I see you mentioned November... Rumor has it, DS might not survive until then 

They have it continuously running? I thought it was post-thanksgiving deal

Edit: Ah, I see you mentioned November... Rumor has it, DS might not survive until then 

I don't want to take this topic off thread but are people that bullish on the DS?  Excuse the ignorance of the question because I have only been doing this less than a week now but if the DS is the best selling set of all time wouldn't the market just be saturated for the next 20 years?

I don't want to take this topic off thread but are people that bullish on the DS?  Excuse the ignorance of the question because I have only been doing this less than a week now but if the DS is the best selling set of all time wouldn't the market just be saturated for the next 20 years?

Maybe - noone really knows. I have one which will be built but that is it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

In the past week, I have received both the 15% and 30% BN coupons. Has anyone had luck stacking these; is it pretty much YMMV?

It seems like just about everything is YMMV at Barnes.  I have stacked coupons there before, but it took an override to do it because I was using my 30% off coupon for joining during a BOGO sale. 

Guest betsy805

Does every store EXCEPT mine have DS, R2D2, etc?!  I've checked everywhere (yes, even behind checkout counter) and never seen any set of value.  

Does every store EXCEPT mine have DS, R2D2, etc?!  I've checked everywhere (yes, even behind checkout counter) and never seen any set of value.  

Someone else probably bought them before you got there. I have never seen them either.

• 4 months later...

I signed up for a member account last week.  When I tried to get a Bennys spaceship last night, it would never show my 10% discount, but it said "member discount has been applied."  Does the discount not work on this set, or is the 10% only in-store?  I clicked through as far as I could go on the checkout and the price never changed.  Thanks for any help.

From the 15% off email coupon that was sent out yesterday.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books, NOOK Magazines, NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK

• 1 month later...

Probably this is a silly question and probably has discussed before. I saw here and there in this forum people get DS and R2D2 or other big sets from Barnes and Noble. Also noticed, emazers got his 20 R2D2 from B&******. But, I could not find at any stores in my city and also at their website. So, that means they used to sell them before and they stopped?