Setting up a bricklink store

PS Bricks

Hello all!

Like many others before me, I've decided to use bricklink to sell off my spare Lego to help fund my hobby. I've opened up a shop, had my first few orders and ran into a problem.

See, I hate all the different fees and shipping costs on BL, so I decided to take another approach. No fees, no shipping costs... Something I'm able to do because I mainly want to sell minifigures with maybe the additional set thrown in.

The problem I have is this, if I offer this service and people order a 1 euro minifig ans want to have it shipped to the other side of the world, obviously I'd be losing money.

I really don't mind losing out on a bit of money to be able to simplify everything, because I think it will ultimately repay itself through the quantity of orders. I just need to restrict it somehow, to protect my own wallet.

So my question is... What would you prefer? A minimum buy of about 20 euros, or a flat 3 euro fee for international orders?

Because my fee hatred, I'm tempted to go for the first option. On the other hand I don't want to deny someone that one minifigure they really want, just because they won't reach those 20 bucks.

What should I do? Thank you for any future suggestions!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Brickpicker

If you have a large amount of stock and it wouldn't be hard for a buyer to get up to 20 fairly easy then go with that.  However, I'd probably go with the 3 euro fee.  International buyers are used to having to pay a fee like that so it won't shock or deter them much.  It may still encourage larger orders if it is a flat fee because they will see it as spreading that fee over a larger number of items.

from my experience selling and buying, buyers usually go for the cheapest price listed.   then they worry about shipping (many clicks) and that is how they select who to buy from.

so when buyers are searching for minifigs (in this case) and sort by price, your listings will be higher than most since you have shipping pretty much built into your price.  this is important regardless if you might be cheaper than many sellers before you on that list. 

why not just charge actual shipping cost and advertise that to buyers?  

• Like 2