POLL: What's More Important as a LEGO Fan? Authenticity, or Play-ability?

Piece_Out_Studios

LEGO Fans: Authenticity or Play-ability?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. LEGO's themes like Star Wars and Super Heroes produce sets very accurate to their respective films...most of the time. 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase was not what fans had expected, but some still like it a lot. So what's more important?

• Authenticity. Why sacrifice quality for crap?
    • I'd sacrifice a little bit of authenticity for some good play features.
    • Play-ability. I want a toy, not a display model!
    • Generally, I find that the more fun it is, the better it sells.
    • It seems like the more authentic it is, the better it sells.
    • Who cares? I only sell them, I don't use them!
    • LEGO and authentic don't mix.
    • Ha! 'LEGO' and 'authentic' in the same sentence? HAHAHAH

I think you need a good mix of both, classic themes like castle, space & town. Lots of the sets are good because of the play features, some just display well like 383 knights joust with the realistic visors. Some space sets are way out there, but the small buggies are realistic. The big sets have lots of play value. People like themed licence sets to be accurate to the movie, I think star wars wins for authenticity on this scale. Castle sets have what you'd expect, battering rams etc, shields & swords and wagons, some. Town sets are good too. Themes like chima & ninjago are pure imagination, young kids loves these.

For me it depends on which hat I am wearing.  As a collector for myself, definitely authenticity, although some features are fun to have.  An example is the Sopwith Camel, and the moving control surfaces.  As a dad, playability is top notch, although my son doesn't get too excited if it doesn't look somewhat authentic.