LEGO Games and 3D building Activites

cwixom

Recently I began exploring building sets virtually to determine if the set is worth the build value for my own desire and potentially reading into my buyer base. Here is what I do:

I downloaded LEGO Digital Designer and found some instructions from sets. I have built all the Star Wars potentials and the DC and Marvel items and have found something interesting. I have discovered bricks that are new and kind of exclusive! It is fun to see that Lego has many custom bricks which has in my opinion increased the desire in the set. 

I also decided to design some CUUSOO projects and looked over the CUUSOO sight and what is in the works. They have some very cool ideas out there and it's great to read LEGO's comments on the sets. 

I also have been playing Chrome Builders Academy on LEGO.com and have been having a lot of fun. Learning about the macro world of bricks, color selection and how the builds are thought through.

All of this is pretty educational and best of all FREE if you don't mind spending some time and learning this world.

So my .02 cents of worth for today from a designer stand point and looking at sets without cracking open the boxes!

Happy virtual building.

• Like 1