How to process a sale on Bricklink?

seapotato

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I have made my first sale on Bricklink, but I'm not sure how I'm supposed to go about it now and I was hoping some seasoned bricklinkers can help me out.

Someone wants to buy a lot of bricks, and it looks like now I have to send them an invoice? But shipping rates are not agreed upon beforehand (like on ebay)? So do I have to send them an Paypal invoice with the shipping cost included, and then send out the stuff when it goes through?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

don't sell on bl but buy a lot from there.  the invoice with shipping cost always comes by a message threw bl and not paypal.  it always has the paypal account that need the money sent to(sometimes a link but not alway)

There's a button for "invoice" where you can send an invoice thru bricklink with your paypal info. First go to your orders received tab and enter in postage and handling amounts so they populate in invoice.

Also, while you are correct that postage is not agreed upon as part of the sale, you should outline postage terms on your store terms. Just look at some other stores for examples.

Good luck!

---Keep it secret. Keep it safe.---