Whens the sweet spot to sell Wolverine 6866?

Yeah the Dino line is a killer. Every set in that line pretty much is exploding.

Whats really funny is Capn America and the Cat Cycle chase were like the small sets that everyone went insane over. Yet the small 10$ Dino set 5882 has tripled and is still going strong. Obviously less people selling it helps, but it just always shows you there are diamonds in the rough everywhere with Lego.

I picked 5 of these up at retail and will be selling them this year.

Yup. Most people 'intentionally' forget about the smaller sets when it comes to investing especially in past themes like Indiana Jones, Batman 1, Star Wars (e.g. Vader's transformation), and now Dino.

Good point - I will be holding the other stuff. I just think if 5882 hits $40, whats the chance it will go any higher?

On the other hand, its not a huge investment. Hmm - good points.

I agree. But I only have 5885 and 5886. Nit to hijack thread but with my comment about selling these when the jw movie comes out I've been pondering the op of this thread recently with black pearl and Queen Ann. I don't think it will go much higher than the current market. Maybe I'm being ignorant. Think I'll wait to the movie as well.

It also goes to show over and over again some of the absolute best performing sets are the "good" sets none of us bother stocking up on.

True, and not to dismiss small sets outright simply because they are that. It still gets me how much 7884 The Batbuggy: The Escape of Mr. Freeze goes for now. Good grief, I bought the thing at retail of $10 back in the day and now it has a worth of over $100 new. :swoon: I built it and there really isn't much there to speak of but the secondary market buyers have spoken.