Need Help Identifying what sets these Legos came from (Yard Sale find)

DownExtreme

I got these Legos at a yard sale for 25$. There were 4 different bins but the lady didn't want me to take the bins so I stupidly dumped all of them into one bag mixing them up. It came with 3 booklets so I know some of them are from the Lego 7180 Star wars and Droid Developer kit. It also came with a Wave Breaker Mega Block booklet but I have looked through them and there is no megablock pieces in the stash.There also seem to be some egyptian and harry potter pieces but I am not sure if they are all included Here is an album

http://imgur.com/a/JH1rT

Would it be a better idea to just sell them by the pound? or should I make the effort to identify the parts? In total it weighs over 10 pounds

I just got into buying Legos and am not completely sure if this was a good buy

Looks like they are late '90's era. I see some johnny thunder adventures figs and pieces, some extreme team, the blue wheels are from an insectoids set, big guy with glasses is a technic Fig and of course some early Star Wars stuff.

Overall a good haul

Edit: I would try to reconatruct what you have.books for as well what you can identify. Sell the minifig's then group similiar piece lots to sell....finally sell of the bulk in lb increments. You can do more or less depending on the time vs money made you want...

First off go through that and get rid of all the K'nex and other junk. Then try and build the B-Wing and find its mini figures. Note: put all the K'nex and other junk in a box and keep it until you are completely done. Sometimes you can inadvertently put an unusual Lego in there. While you're sorting put all the minifigs in a separate box pieces and all, they can help in figuring out what you have.

Part of whether or not one could say if this (or any buy/lot like this) is a good buy is dependant on what parts are included and what price you paid. $25 for 10lbs of bulk Lego in and of itself is a good price. Now how much of this lot is Lego only (take out all the Mega Blocks, K-Nex, etc), then check to see what is in good shape. Are there teeth marks, scratches, discolouration, etc. All that comes into play. People will buy your pieces just like you did in lots. Some options after you`ve gone through them include: selling individually by piece, in lots by colour, in lots by multiples of the same pieces, etc. If you have complete sets of the one`s pictured in there, that would be great as well. 

Looks like a good haul from the pictures, but of course you won`t know for sure until you`ve gone through it all. Best of luck and feel free to post more pics! Plenty of folks here to offer their input  :thumbsup:

I'm new to this, but I would take the time to build every set I have the instruction booklet for! Then sell those separately.

I would then move onto finding more unique pieces, grabbing the code and seeing what sets it of been used for, and trying recreate them from the online instructions, until I'm left pieces I would sell in lots

Guest betsy805

I'm new to this, but I would take the time to build every set I have the instruction booklet for! Then sell those separately.

I would then move onto finding more unique pieces, grabbing the code and seeing what sets it of been used for, and trying recreate them from the online instructions, until I'm left pieces I would sell in lots

This.  Then sell the minifigures that you have left for whatever they are worth and sell the leftover lego as bulk (craigslist will net you more money on your bulk lego than ebay).  You can put a link on your ebay listing to the online directions so the person that buys it can print out the manual if they want.