Amazon Shipping

aandk1997

I am the antithesis of a box snob and the description did state "packaging may be damaged". In reality I would not have bit at a messily $2.77 discount when there are plenty of B&****** coupons to go around.

The stickers should come off easily with a hair dryer.

In reality I would not have bit at a messily $2.77 discount when there are plenty of B&****** coupons to go around.

That's what I was thinking too. I'd just buy one of those Raise.com B&****** vouchers. Not too shabby. ;) Thanks for your input. I don't usually like to return sets, and instead try to get a discount, but my gut was telling me that Amazon wouldn't discount this one.

So today I received 2 Architecture sets which I ordered last Saturday from Amazon. One was the Empire State Building from WH Deals, and the other was the Seattle Space Needle. The Seattle Space Needle came minty fresh, and I have no complaints. The Empire State Building was not so lucky. I ordered it from WH Deals with confidence, because the condition was "LIKE NEW". Here are a few pictures of this "Like New" set:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.17.11 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.17.30 PM.png

Stickers!  :sick:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.17.48 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.17.58 PM.png

MORE stickers!!!  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.18.13 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.18.21 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-05-30 at 6.30.50 PM.png

What is the community's opinion? Return, and purchase a new one, try to get a price reduction (Does Amazon do that on WH Deals?). I'm not too keen on opening/building it, and might actually have kept the set, had there been an absence of stickers. 

Thanks all for your input!!

That box condition is better than what I would expect for a description that says "packaging may be damaged". Besides a few stickers and 1 small gash that packaging is almost flawless shape. I don't understand why you would expect non-damaged packaging when ordering an item that says damaged packaging?

That box condition is better than what I would expect for a description that says "packaging may be damaged". Besides a few stickers and 1 small gash that packaging is almost flawless shape. I don't understand why you would expect non-damaged packaging when ordering an item that says damaged packaging?

I wouldnt suggest ever buying a amazon WH deal if you are buying it for investment .. you will not get a mint box .. they will always have stckers on it and be smashed damaged. Again let me repeat buying a used/like new product and getting upset because it didnt come new makes you look like a tool. 

My experience with amazon is that 50% of the boxes arrive damaged. I am a snob so anything other than a tiny dented corner gets returned. they asked once why i return so many items so i extensively described their packaging practices as "total crap". they let it go, but nothing has changed. On the other hand i never received the package in a plastic trash bag. Lego SAH used to be excellent (99% pristine), until last april when 30% sets were arriving as unacceptable by my standards due to cramming in boxes that barely fit the sets (xwings and r2d2s). Amazon UK usually takes a few weeks, but due to the price paid and a long journey i am a lot more lenient. TRU has always been a total crap, Target is about 75% good, even 2 SSDs in the same large box made it without a scratch. Walmart sent the SSD without any packaging whatsoever, all f'ed up and 3 seals busted.

Wow.  I just got one heck of a refund.  As most of you probably did as well I went crazy when the Amazon BOGO deal's struck.  I placed all my orders in pairs but they put I think around 16 sets all in one ginormous box including 2 MFs and the Pirate Ambushes.  Surprisingly all arrived in pretty good shape except for one falcon which was kind of crushed from the weight of all the other sets and also had a big hole in the side of the box.

Since the deals were so good and only one thing arrived damaged I almost didn't say anything then thought, well damn that is the most expensive set so I'll at least email customer service.  So I did, they couldn't get a replacement it seemed so they offered a $117 refund which they said was 50%.  My total bill for the 2 MFs was $184 something I believe so I have no idea how they do their math but I didn't argue!  Basically ended up getting 2 MFs (one damaged) for 70 bucks!

Goes to show don't let it go I guess and always ask!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for the community.  As many know I have recently moved.  As such I have changed my shipping address on Amazon and Amazon UK.

Since changing it on Amazon UK the shipping charges are outragous.

Did they change their shipping policy UK to US?

This represents a potential order of 10 new passenger trains.

The shipping make ordering there financially prohibitive.

Any suggestions?

Items: GBP 666.64 Postage & Packing: GBP 1,605.00 Total before VAT: GBP 2,271.64 VAT: GBP 0.00

(Order Total: GBP 2,271.64)

Payment Total: USD 4,011.88

• 1 month later...

My pre-ordered 75054 SW AT-AT arrived today crushed INSIDE and outside.

Called up Amazon CS and was given two options:  return the damaged item and get a FREE one OR keep it for 20% off...

I couldn't understand him fully because of his accent regarding the FREE item so I chose the latter because I wanted to build this beast right away...

Has anyone heard of this before?

1985958_orig.jpg

6124270_orig.jpg

9127811_orig.jpg

My pre-ordered 75054 SW AT-AT arrived today crushed INSIDE and outside.

Called up Amazon CS and was given two options:  return the damaged item and get a FREE one OR keep it for 20% off...

I couldn't understand him fully because of his accent regarding the FREE item so I chose the latter because I wanted to build this beast right away...

Has anyone heard of this before?

Man, that's horrible. Yes, many of us here have been through the return or 20% off dance.

I've never heard of a free replacement . They will send you one at no cost provided you return the damaged one otherwise they charge you for both.

If it is for your own collection and you don't care about box condition I'll take the 20% and start building .

I just took that as what he meant.  It's free, until he fails to return the original item.

I've never heard of a free replacement . They will send you one at no cost provided you return the damaged one otherwise they charge you for both.

If it is for your own collection and you don't care about box condition I'll take the 20% and start building .

I'll chalk it up to my bad hearing and his accent... LOL.

BTW, my heart sank when I saw an irregular tear in bag #1.

All the minifigs were there... Did someone grab a particular rare piece?!

Ugh... I grabbed the instructions and worked through it...

Whew!  Nothing missing...   :cheese:

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that is awful! Somebody needs to lose their job over that! I have heard of trying to keep costs down, but that is ridiculous!

Just happened to me also, ordered the chima mammoth stomper for my son for Xmas, needless to say it's going straight back, won't be forking out for a box to return it in either!

Whoops, something wrong there, anyway, to surmise it arrived without any packaging and the shipping labels directly applied to the lego box. Very poor.

• 7 months later...

So it's been over a year since I started this thread now, and I'm curious as to whether Amazon has generally addressed the issue or not.  After reading several of the follow up posts, it appears that some people have still had some issues.  But, what is the overall consensus of the community??  Has anyone received them in the plastic mailers, or have they gone back to boxes??  Is it better to order one set at a time so they don't pack two or more into a box??  I have prime, so shipping costs are not an issue.   I've been contemplating giving them another chance, but I'm not looking for Lego boxes that look like they have been used in batting practice.  Any recent experiences would be appreciated....

Never recieved any sets in an envelope or naked from Amazon. Unless u wait for ur item to ship, they will try to combine orders into one shipment when they can .

Me as well. I never had any of the problems that everyone else mentioned in this thread. I ink ever received things in boxes.

Never had issue with amazon.com, just minor damage here and there as should be expected from anyone. Amazon UK's boxes seem weak and almost always arrive damaged, but the sets are only ever damaged to a minor extent, at worst.

K-mart on the other hand...single small boxed set? Sent in envelopes. Lol. Oh well.

I toured an Amazon fulfillment center recently and they were only using boxes or cardboard mailers to pack items for shipment.  Also, if Amazon was using tyvek envelopes or other flimsy mailers, this would have been the fulfillment center to do it in because it only handled smaller items.

I recieved Lego Technic 42009 from Amazon UK with a severly damaged exterior box. The box was significantlly thinner than used by Amazon USA. The lego box was dented pretty good and the seals seem to have lifted. Has anyone experenced this with the seals? What causes this, as it did not appear tampered with?

Anyhow, I recieved a 15% reduction to keep it. Not too bad I guess. Hearing some of you, I should have asked for more...

Edited by WildBricks

I recieved Lego Technic 42009 from Amazon UK with a severly damaged exterior box. The box was significantlly thinner than used by Amazon USA. The lego box was dented pretty good and the seals seem to have lifted. Has anyone experenced this with the seals? What causes this, as it did not appear tampered with?

Anyhow, I recieved a 15% reduction to keep it. Not too bad I guess. Hearing some of you, I should have asked for more...

This worries me, I ordered 3 sets but have yet to receive them, hope they turn up ok