Amazon Shipping

aandk1997

My 2 GE are destroyed. Both sets in one big box and no protection what so ever. Mad as heck!!

My GE arrived in pretty horrible conditions too.  I think it was pretty banged up before they put it in there, but they put it in a box that was too large and not hardly any packing.  The seals aren't totally broken, but they are pretty loose.

Just curious how many of the people in this thread who are receiving poorly packed and damaged items from Amazon are Prime members?  I am a Prime member, and I have never had any of these issues.  Not once.  Everything I receive is well packed and I couldn't be happier.  And I order a LOT of stuff.  I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Just curious how many of the people in this thread who are receiving poorly packed and damaged items from Amazon are Prime members? I am a Prime member, and I have never had any of these issues. Not once. Everything I receive is well packed and I couldn't be happier. And I order a LOT of stuff. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

I've been a prime member for 4 years now. It has been all good and dandy till around November. Now it's 8 good : 2 bad

I've been a prime member for 4 years now. It has been all good and dandy till around November. Now it's 8 good : 2 bad

Huh... still a pretty good ratio of good/bad, but it does provide evidence nonetheless to suggest that my theory may be coincidental.

A buddy of mine ordered a Tower Bridge last month, and it showed up looking like a dog had chewed up the box before they shipped it.  He is not a prime member.  When I ordered a Tower Bridge from Amazon, it was well packed in an appropriately-sized box.  I guess I will just consider myself lucky until it starts happening to me.

Huh... still a pretty good ratio of good/bad, but it does provide evidence nonetheless to suggest that my theory may be coincidental.

A buddy of mine ordered a Tower Bridge last month, and it showed up looking like a dog had chewed up the box before they shipped it. He is not a prime member. When I ordered a Tower Bridge from Amazon, it was well packed in an appropriately-sized box. I guess I will just consider myself lucky until it starts happening to me.

I wouldn't be as upset if I could replace them. Just frustrated. At least I didn't get anything from Amazon in a bag ..................yet

I would've been thrilled with a bag. I ordered a Winter Village Market to keep for myself on a Gold Box deal, and received it not in a bag, or a box, or a way-too-big box...nothing. Straight-up shipping labels, packing slip etc., slapped right on the box, & 3 of 4 seals detached. I've heard talk of Wal-mart doing this, but first time for Amazon for me. Crazy!

I would've been thrilled with a bag. I ordered a Winter Village Market to keep for myself on a Gold Box deal, and received it not in a bag, or a box, or a way-too-big box...nothing. Straight-up shipping labels, packing slip etc., slapped right on the box, & 3 of 4 seals detached. I've heard talk of Wal-mart doing this, but first time for Amazon for me. Crazy!

Wow, that is awful!  Somebody needs to lose their job over that!  I have heard of trying to keep costs down, but that is ridiculous!

Wow, that is awful!  Somebody needs to lose their job over that!  I have heard of trying to keep costs down, but that is ridiculous!

I'm surprised that happened. Yet, Amazon keeps bugging me to leave feedback about the way they ship our products. 

my two Cargo trains were crammed into one rectangular box that can hold 1.5 of them.  I must have had the same packer who failed geometry, physics or box packing 101 at the community college.

Or maybe he just hates LEGOs.  Oh the thought :shocked: ............we gotta find that sucka!

Ordered 2 10218 (today's deals) 5% off, and one 10232 all separate orders.  The put all three sets in one giant box...mangled.

Ordered 2 cargo trains, puncture on the bottom box in such a way as to suggest it was there before shipment. ugg

Update on these orders.  Replacements sent - originals picked up. 

This time they put: (2) 10218, (2) 7939 cargo trains, (1) 10232 and even managed to fit a 10226 in the box (bought on a different day).

Outcome as expected.  The first round was actually worse seeing as though there were punctures and a couple of busted seals where one looked like it was retaped.

This time some denting, but all seals intact.  Via Amazon chat they offered 25% discount on everything effected...I politely said I was told to never take the first offer.

They upped it to 30% off the shipment.  10218 for 99.71 x 2.  While the box is not perfect, it is still sealed and I doubt there will be any issues after EOL.

Don't be afraid to ask.  They can only say no.  This time I didn't have too they offered 25% upfront.

I wonder if ordering standard shipping would increase chance of getting proper packaging...

Prime/standard will have no difference regarding packaging. They go through the same lines. Sometimes the virtual dimensions in the system are off and the system will call for a different size (possibly too small) box to be used for packing, but if the packer can't fit them in the box they will (hopefully) choose a larger one.

Hi, guys. Can anybody share their experiencies buying from Amazon UK (Shipping to the US). I just ordered something yesterday and it showed me that the estimated time of arrival is May 2-5, but in their page it says that it should take 7-10 days. Im confused... And scared (I might be in trouble)  :sweat:.

That 7-10 days may be for UK shipping.

I always use Amazon's free shipping which says 3-5 days but in reality can be 1-7 days.

In 10 years, I have only had 2 lost packages and 1 damaged, their customer service has been very helpful each time I contacted them.

• 3 weeks later...

Amazon Shipping strikes again. 

LEGO Super Heroes Arkham Asylum Breakout (10937)  ended up in my Today's Deal section so I bought (2), I had some CC points built so I pulled the trigger.

Bought each for 139.45 shipped.  Not bad.

Well they once again decided to ship each order in the same box.  This time a flap was torn and one box has a heavy crease.  All seals still intact.

A day passes and I finally get the chance to chat with Amazon...again..first offer was for 20%...i referenced the last discount/refund and they agreed to match it (30% off).

End result, two NISB 10937 for 91.45 each...nice.

Don't be afraid to ask.

• 4 weeks later...

So today I received 2 Architecture sets which I ordered last Saturday from Amazon. One was the Empire State Building from WH Deals, and the other was the Seattle Space Needle. The Seattle Space Needle came minty fresh, and I have no complaints. The Empire State Building was not so lucky. I ordered it from WH Deals with confidence, because the condition was "LIKE NEW". Here are a few pictures of this "Like New" set:

post-5354-0-14311300-1401491933_thumb.pn

post-5354-0-98632000-1401491946.png

Stickers!  :sick:

post-5354-0-25095900-1401491966_thumb.pn

post-5354-0-09379100-1401491982_thumb.pn

MORE stickers!!!  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:  :sick:

post-5354-0-37429800-1401491995.png

post-5354-0-17026000-1401492010_thumb.pn

post-5354-0-93990200-1401492673_thumb.pn

What is the community's opinion? Return, and purchase a new one, try to get a price reduction (Does Amazon do that on WH Deals?). I'm not too keen on opening/building it, and might actually have kept the set, had there been an absence of stickers. 

Thanks all for your input!!