Amazon Shipping

aandk1997

I know I complain about this all the time, so I'm sorry if you've read this before and are sick of me for it.  :)  But Amazon has also taken to massive price gouging within the last couple months.  There are very few worthwhile deals to be found there anymore.  Between the shipping fiascos and increasingly lousy pricing, Amazon is really starting to tank as an option for acquiring Legos.

Ok.....follow up to my follow up.  This time I called amazon and spoke with a representative.  Explained the situation....said previous rep said it would be shipped in a box...blah blah blah.  She said "so you want to return it then".......and I said "well I would like it to be shipped out in a box as lego boxes are not to be used as the sole method of protection"....to which she said that they have absolutely no control on how items are shipped out nor could she make a special request or include the request in the resend.........so then I said that that means it would more than likely be shipped in the same cheap, unprotected shipping "vessel" as before and arrive at my home beat up and destroyed again???.......she said yes it would more than likely be shipped the same way. 

No more large lego boxes from amazon for me.  Unless they change policy, I'll pay more someplace else to receive my item in good condition.

Got Orthanc Tower from some 3rd Party seller on Amazon, they listed it for $150 for some reason. The seller was using FBA, Stupid Amazon shipped that set in poly bag as well... So, creases and such. Still sealed though. Not sure what to do now. Obviously not the 3rd Party seller fault, and he already sold it below cost. If I try replacement or partial refund, I assume it will be charged against the seller (which is not something I would want to do), not against Amazon? Anyone had experience with this as FBA seller on Amazon?

Got Orthanc Tower from some 3rd Party seller on Amazon, they listed it for $150 for some reason. The seller was using FBA, Stupid Amazon shipped that set in poly bag as well... So, creases and such. Still sealed though. Not sure what to do now. Obviously not the 3rd Party seller fault, and he already sold it below cost. If I try replacement or partial refund, I assume it will be charged against the seller (which is not something I would want to do), not against Amazon? Anyone had experience with this as FBA seller on Amazon?

I agree with what you say.....but......why should you have to deal with accepting a damaged box due to amazon's lack of proper shipping??  You paid money to receive item in good condition and it didn't happen.    I would like to think that if an item is returned to amazon that was sold by a 3rd party but fulfilled on amazon's end, that they would have to take responsibility for it.  I would think that if the seller inquired as to why the item was returned and amazon said it was due to damage during shipping that they, the 3rd party seller, would not be accountable.

This is all very perplexing to me.  I have never received anything from Amazon in any other package than a sturdy cardboard box.  I have ordered every size set imaginable, in every quantity imaginable.  Are those of you receiving shoddy packaging Prime members?  I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it, but I figured I might as well throw it out there.  I always get Prime 2-day shipping, and I have zero complaints.

This is all very perplexing to me.  I have never received anything from Amazon in any other package than a sturdy cardboard box.  I have ordered every size set imaginable, in every quantity imaginable.  Are those of you receiving shoddy packaging Prime members?  I can't imagine that would have anything to do with it, but I figured I might as well throw it out there.  I always get Prime 2-day shipping, and I have zero complaints.

In one case, it was Ewok Village sold by Amazon itself (btw, the "replacement" they send was, obviously, also sent in poly bag, and this time way more smashing/crushing damage on the box). Orthanc Tower was by 3rd Party seller, but he has good rating, and using "Fulfilled By Amazon", which implies that seller itself has no control how exactly the item is shipped (his responsibility is to ship to amazon only). And given the kind of damage to the box, it was obvious that it occurred just now during most recent shipping. 

I emailed all of my concerns to Amazon , will see what they offer

I received my Ewok Village from amazon.com today.  The set was shipped in just a bag.  Of course, the set arrived damaged and with one side completely open.  My blood is boiling about this.  What kind of moron decided it would be fine to ship a $250 item in a bag?  This is just inexcusable negligence on Amazon's part.

I ordered a set for my students at school.  When the plastic bag came, the architecture set was smashed and pieces were falling out of the box.  I wrote a very angry letter and let customer service know that the set was purchased by my school and I included some pictures.  They shipped another one out that day, but it was in a bag, too!  But this one was at least intact.  Then they started emailing me every 2 days to return the damaged set, but I didn't have a box to send it in.  Luckily I had ordered a large lamp from Target, and I put the box, the bag, and the hundred or so loose pieces in the huge box and mailed it back to them.

This was in December, and I haven't ordered any Lego sets from then since, but I will definitely be very careful about this.  

I received my Ewok Village from amazon.com today.  The set was shipped in just a bag.  Of course, the set arrived damaged and with one side completely open.  My blood is boiling about this.  What kind of moron decided it would be fine to ship a $250 item in a bag?  This is just inexcusable negligence on Amazon's part.

After replacement came in with worse damage than the original one, they made me 40% off discount. Given that price was 214, I can't complain. But I am not sure how they are going to keep selling these large sets

I didn't bother finding a box to return the Ewok Village.  I'm shipping the set back in the same bag amazon.com used to ship the set to me.  I had to use my own fracking packaging tape and toner, though!  Shiz pisses me off.

The best part is they'll send you a new one shipped in the exact same way.  That's what they did w/ mine.  Insane.

• Like 1

They are Building a Amazon Warehouse in Baltimore about 5 miles from where I live, suppose to be huge and hire 1000 or more people which is suppose to open end of 2014,I am going to do my best to get in there and talk to somebody to get a temp job on showing people how to box up Lego Sets. Ed

• Like 3

They are Building a Amazon Warehouse in Baltimore about 5 miles from where I live, suppose to be huge and hire 1000 or more people which is suppose to open end of 2014,I am going to do my best to get in there and talk to somebody to get a temp job on showing people how to box up Lego Sets. Ed

Talk about a perfect way to get mint boxes. I wonder if local pick up is an option for those near a distribution facility? Somehow doubt it, but that would be a great option to have. 

I didn't bother finding a box to return the Ewok Village.  I'm shipping the set back in the same bag amazon.com used to ship the set to me.  I had to use my own fracking packaging tape and toner, though!  Shiz pisses me off.

Hah!!!  I'm doing the exact same thing.  Maybe when they see how horrible their shipping idea was, they'll change it.  Until then........no Lego from amazon for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had several shipping problems with amazon as of late. Most recently, I received my Ewok Village......shipped in a large plastic envelope for all intents and purposes......NOT in a box. Needles to say thanks to USPS, corners are smashed, looks like it was probably stepped on, has a vague resemblance to a box at this point. This is the first time I've ordered an item like this that was not shipped in it's own box. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?? Kinda second guessing whether it is worth ordering through them anymore.......

I have had terrible luck with amazon and larger lego sets namely 10221. Shipping bag, box, it doesn't matter.

Here is my thread.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/2806-awesome-amazon-customer-service-for-10221-super-star-destroyer-299-price-paid-last-dec-before-return/ pics are missing from the thread now though.

In Dec 2012, I returned multiple Diagon Alley and Imperial Shuttle sets. Also had probs with the VW Camper, Haunted Houses, and Arkham Asylum sets.

It was the same story everytime. Poor packing and incorrect box sizes for the tough 1-2 day ups shipping. Even their customer service reps sided with me since I always took pictures and attached them when opening cases. At least their small to medium sized sets have arrived in decent condition 95% of the time despite the poor packing,

• 1 month later...