Amazon Shipping

aandk1997

I have had several shipping problems with amazon as of late.  Most recently, I received my Ewok Village......shipped in a large plastic envelope for all intents and purposes......NOT in a box.  Needles to say thanks to USPS, corners are smashed, looks like it was probably stepped on, has a vague resemblance to a box at this point.  This is the first time I've ordered an item like this that was not shipped in it's own box.  Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues??  Kinda second guessing whether it is worth ordering through them anymore.......

I have had several shipping problems with amazon as of late.  Most recently, I received my Ewok Village......shipped in a large plastic envelope for all intents and purposes......NOT in a box.  Needles to say thanks to USPS, corners are smashed, looks like it was probably stepped on, has a vague resemblance to a box at this point.  This is the first time I've ordered an item like this that was not shipped in it's own box.  Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues??  Kinda second guessing whether it is worth ordering through them anymore.......

That sounds strange. amazon would loose a lot money on people returning stuff due to damage to packaging.

Just got mine as well - also in giant poly bag...

No significant damage as far as I see, but certainly scuffs at the corners. They shipped it via Fedex (I have Prime). Normally they use UPS.

It was shipped via UPS (I have prime)

Serves us right for jumping on $214 deal i guess. They saved on packaging :-)

Or they did not have properly sized-box (or the box was triggering total girth upcharge)

But I will probably write a complaint to amazon to get 20-30% off 

I received two other sets yesterday......in a box.  Lego boxes are not meant to be used as shipping cartons (which in a sense is what amazon is doing when then ship in the plastic mailer).....totally unacceptable in my opinion.  I just have to decide if I should send it back for a refund or exchange it hoping a new one will be sent out in a box.........

Ha, I was just going to post this same thing.  Happened to me as well.  I'm furious.  Mine's crushed, holes in it, seals popped, huge creases throughout...not the way to send a $250 set.

Take pictures and make sure to leave feedback here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200896320

Not sure if they listen though - maybe after few hundred returns/exchanges they figure that it would have been cheaper to find a proper box

I received two other sets yesterday......in a box.  Lego boxes are not meant to be used as shipping cartons (which in a sense is what amazon is doing when then ship in the plastic mailer).....totally unacceptable in my opinion.  I just have to decide if I should send it back for a refund or exchange it hoping a new one will be sent out in a box.........

And here we all thought TRU was crazy to send $10 Cavalry Builder sets in bubblers. Amazon topped it. They did not even bother with bubbles

The didn't bite on my offer to give me a discount (there were creases and scuffing on the box, but nothing major - I would have agreed on 10% off). Instead, they sending a replacement with _overnight_ service. No wonder their profit margin is so thin.

What's the scoop on that Ewok Village anyway? Amazon seems to have about 132 left. Not in stock at TRU. Available through lego shop of course. Ebay shows upward price pressure. Will ewoks be featured in seventh star wars?

Sorry to go off on a side topic, but some other projects have kept me from keeping up on the forums in the past couple of weeks. Was Amazon actually discounting Ewok villages, or was this a warehouse deal?

I'm perishing of curiosity because I thought retailers offering discounts on the exclusives was now a felony with a death sentence option from TLG.

Thanks in advance, returning you to your regularly scheduled topic.

Luckily every time you receive a damaged box because of terrible shipping practices, they give you a discount on your purchase.  Might be a good way to get Ewok village discounted if they are indeed now shipping in bags.

I may have overused that on olivia tree houses and winter village cottages. Though in those cases they did not have stock to replace with. With ewoks they did not offer discount, just forced replacement

Sorry to go off on a side topic, but some other projects have kept me from keeping up on the forums in the past couple of weeks. Was Amazon actually discounting Ewok villages, or was this a warehouse deal?

I'm perishing of curiosity because I thought retailers offering discounts on the exclusives was now a felony with a death sentence option from TLG.

There was weird glitch pricing them at 214 for no particular reason. Eventually, BP horde descended and Amazon grew wiser, setting price right 

Amazon just started carrying the item. My guess is that there was a glitch entering price in the system. It only lasted for 3-4 hours. Not a WH

Just be happy you got one for that cheap, I think if you tried to return it they just refund you instead of replace it.

I have two Ewok Villages coming today from the sale. They are UPS, hoping for a box. 

I noticed they halted sales of the Tower Bridge. Too many complaints, presumably about shipping. The message is copied below. i was going to get a few as it's my last day for no sales tax. 

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

Just wanted to follow up and let people know how my situation has been.....evolving.  I spoke with a rep. through online chat concerning the issue.  They said they would ship out a new one for me, to which I responded:

07:41 PM(GMT) Me: Will the replacement item be sent in a box??
07:43 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I'm sorry. It will be packaged in corrugated containers with air-filled packing pillows as needed for protection.
07:44 PM(GMT) Me: As long as it will not be shipped in the plastic/poly envelope again that would be great.

So.....yeah....item arrived today in another plastic/poly envelope more crushed and mangled than the first one.  Lesson learned.........not gonna be ordering through them anymore.