TRU Rant!

stackables

I have to get this off my chest. I have made 2 purchases over the last 2 weeks and have not received any reward points. TRU is also running a promotion where you get 10% back and double reward points if you use the TRU credit card. I called them 6 days ago to report the issue. Of course the person I talked to couldn't do anything and forwarded everything to corporate. She told me to wait 5 days. 5 days have passed and in the meantime, I place another order. Which of course I didn't receive rewards for that order either. That brings us to today. I called, gave them my reference number and told them about my new order problem. The ordeal sent me to 5 different TRU customer service people, 5!!!! Nobody could really help me. Finally the 5th person I talked to said she was going to send the report to the "Rewards" people or something and wait another 5 days. I assume this was probably already done. Absolutely pathetic. I better get something more out of this fiasco. I have no clue why I keep dealing with them.

I just received an order from TRU and miraculously, it was all there. The Rewards system is a joke. No way to really keep track correctly and I get coupons sent to me, but toss them in the trash most of the time by accident or I forget about them and they expire. LEGO S@H or EBAY have a better rewards system.

I have read through a ton of posts from the last few months and the negativity towards TRU seems to be a recurring theme. It has definitely scared me off from ever going there unless there is some massive sale. Not sure why people keep dealing with them after all these horror stories. Sorry to hear that you have to waste your time dealing with their ineptness. Quick question on LEGO Shop at Home rewards. I just signed up last week. When they are running promotions for VIP members, do they send an e-mail or do I need to keep checking in? I currently have the offer that every one probably has of double points on bundles, but am waiting for something better.

I have read through a ton of posts from the last few months and the negativity towards TRU seems to be a recurring theme. It has definitely scared me off from ever going there unless there is some massive sale. Not sure why people keep dealing with them after all these horror stories. Sorry to hear that you have to waste your time dealing with their ineptness.

Quick question on S@H rewards. I just signed up last week. When they are running promotions for VIP members, do they send an e-mail or do I need to keep checking in? I currently have the offer that every one probably has of double points on bundles, but am waiting for something better.

They notify you of major deals, but it pays to check the LEGO S@H site...and ours. Members post new info all the time.

So today I received the two 7965 Millenium Falcons that I had ordered from TRU (@$99) and NO shipping damage. But, and a BIG BUT, one of them has a hole poked in the front about the size of a finger. It obviously occurred before shipping. It was sent from a fulfillment center in OH. Now I need to decide if I am going to build that one or not. I had no plans to build one in the near future but you never know. Unfortunately, I have to decide now because I will have a limited time to return it. Gotta love TRU!

So today I received the two 7965 Millenium Falcons that I had ordered from TRU (@$99) and NO shipping damage.

But, and a BIG BUT, one of them has a hole poked in the front about the size of a finger. It obviously occurred before shipping. It was sent from a fulfillment center in OH. Now I need to decide if I am going to build that one or not. I had no plans to build one in the near future but you never know. Unfortunately, I have to decide now because I will have a limited time to return it.

Gotta love TRU!

I say return it man.....don't let their poor business practices dictate what you do.