70810 - MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Brickbuilder.g

One interesting point a lot of people seem to be making is that its too expensive and most are from the US/Canada. This is of one of the few sets where the UK/US/EU prices are effectively the same rather than having a 30% difference. So is it expensive in the US or cheap in Europe?

Well, I think it is 250 euros on the continent (in FR at least), so still having the 30% bias from US to EU... Only UK is "lucky" on this one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that the movie is out for a while I have the feeling that these lego movie sets are not that hot any more. Not strong the force is with this!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Brickpicker

My thoughts too. The bigger sets will do good I assume cause they are awesome. I saw the seacow build in the legoshop and it is amazing! At first I had my reservations but those went away like snow from the sun!

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

ill rather wait for next Years ship from Pirates theme.... it will be alot more ''normal'' and good looking than this pile of ''junk'' together :P

just my thoughts!

I can't stand that ridiculous Sea Cow either or anything else in the them for that matter.  I thought CHIMA was bad enough!  I'm also looking forward to a "proper" ship and await the new Pirates theme.

I was just going to come ask about this set.  :P  I saw it at the store in the MOA a few weeks back and thought it would be really neat, but $200 or whatever it is makes it definitely not in our price range.  (Especially with our kids being so young, I don't think they'd appreciate it).

Does the Lego store ever do sales on their items?  Or can I pretty much expect the price to stay at what it is?  How big is the set (and how long does it take to put together)?

• Like 1

I posted this in the "what lego set did you build" thread, but for people who didn't see it, this is a good spot for it too. Just finished building it with my son and it was an incredible build....really cool! Took this pic next to the haunted House for size comparison.

post-5848-0-28137000-1397159053_thumb.jp

• Like 6

I can't stand that ridiculous Sea Cow either or anything else in the them for that matter.  I thought CHIMA was bad enough!  I'm also looking forward to a "proper" ship and await the new Pirates theme.

I thought that about the Sea Cow as well, until I saw it in person.  It blew me away.

Now, maybe I'm easily impressed.  I don't know.  But once I saw it up close, in person, I looked at it differently.  Maybe it's the challenge to build that beast.  But geez...do I want it bad now!

• Like 1

This set is boss, haters be darned.

Let's face it. People tend to call things that are too outside of their own comfort zone or level of creativity "crap", "garbage", "trash", or "junk". Everybody does have a right to their own opinion and mine is this pirate ship is pretty sweet for its sheer size and design. Plus mixing steampunk with pirates is a recipe made of 100% pure grade Insta-winTM!

Now that the movie is out for a while I have the feeling that these lego movie sets are not that hot any more. Not strong the force is with this!

The whole 'stores selling out' period will eventually simmer down but I don't see that change of pace (which is normal) making any of these sets less of a good investment.