Tracking Shipments

12LSL

Do most sellers use / purchase a tracking number ?

Absolutely. Selling through eBay or Amazon, it's a must to protect you against non-delivery claims. There is no reason not to use it, it's cheap or free with almost all forms of domestic shipping (and some international) these days.

• Like 1

Way things are at the post office, there really is no reason not to print labels at home.

When I started doing this seriously, I immediately bought a really nice printer, which I will be writing off my taxes :)

I know you do a lot of volume parting out, have you thought of getting one of those label printers.  I have a good printer but time really starts to add up when you get more than 5-10 orders a day.

Speaking of printers and I may be wrong but a few months ago someone here posted that they had a few printers to sell. for some reason I feel it was DNIIM.... I have an inkjet printer now. it works fine but someone who knows way more about computer stuff than me and is familiar with what I do told me I should get a laser printer. apparently ill get thousands more prints before ink needs replaced. any advice or words of wisdom on this? and anyone have something for sale or can recommend something so I don't have to sit through amazon reviews and such.

Speaking of printers and I may be wrong but a few months ago someone here posted that they had a few printers to sell. for some reason I feel it was DNIIM.... I have an inkjet printer now. it works fine but someone who knows way more about computer stuff than me and is familiar with what I do told me I should get a laser printer. apparently ill get thousands more prints before ink needs replaced. any advice or words of wisdom on this? and anyone have something for sale or can recommend something so I don't have to sit through amazon reviews and such.

My wife is a heavy duty couponer, so I bought her this printer for Christmas 2012.  I started my ebay store last summer, so it works great for my store labels and her coupons.  I replaced the ink cartridge once in the summer before I realized I could refill it myself for much cheaper.  I included a youtube video of a guy showing how to refill it.  We bought ink from his amazon account and it worked out.  I think I've seen the printer as low as $85 around the holidays.  Hope it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-HL-2270DW-Compact-Wireless-Networking/dp/B00450DVDY

Laser printers are great but the number of pages printed before you need to replace your toner cartridge is not guaranteed to be better then some of the more expensive inkjet printers. Some printers have high yield toner cartridges that make it worthwhile. Regular yield is typically 1500 pages. High yield is 4000+. Toner doesn't last forever either so if you print only 400 pages a year then high yield is not for you.

Laser printers by even the cheap manufacturers have come a long way in the last ten years. But HP does make some great home ones and I've heard good things about Brother, Samsung and Xerox. I never even look at Lexmark because of their inkjet history. Dell also usually sources some nice stuff but often has crappy driver support down the road.

Oh and I highly recommend a networked printer (wifi or wired) as they are usually trivial to setup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...