Walmart's "Clearance" LEGO Section Updated! - Canada

Sandwraith

Walmart recently updated their online (and in store) Lego clearance to include quite a few more items. Many of the 2nd wave LOTR sets are included, and some remaining 1st wave Hobbit sets. Currently the amounts off are fairly low ($10-$20), but seeing as most of Walmart's LOTR/hobbit stock is dwindling, the prices may be the best we will see from them until they are scooped up.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/toys/construction-blocks-sets/lego/******-32+2386+1005426

Unexpected Gathering is on there, and i only ever see about 1-2 at most on the shelves in the area, at only $10 off though it still feels a bit hard to pull the trigger. Weathertop is only $10 off (this should be a much more aggressive clearance if you ask me, along with Shelob). Some sets (like Weathertop) are on sale but are not actually listed as "rollback" or "clearance". 

There are still some  desirable wave 1 LOTR sets kicking around in the GTA Walmarts as well. Gandalf arrives is $5.00 (10 or so were at Squareone the other day), Mines of Moria $65 (found them all over the GTA, some still available at Lawrence and Keele in Toronto/Brampton East) and Urak-Hai Amry $30 (only saw 1 at Brampton East). A Walmart in Brampton listed no stock of Mines of Moria, but i found 5 on the shelf. So Walmarts stock count may be off and you could get lucky!

Walmart's site is a bit clunky in that you need to actually scroll down and search the location to see the price, the online price sometimes does not update the recent clearance. For example Gandalf Arrives is listed on the site as $15.99 (not in stock online), but at the Mississauga Dundas East location down below it shows the clearance price of $5. This is the same for many items. Most Walmart's that i had been to have not updated the clearance prices yet, so just make sure to scan em first!

Anyways nothing amazing yet, but i thought i'd share. Just as MOM and Gandalf Arrives slowly increased in %off; i'm sure some of these will too, and are worth keeping an eye on before they're gone!

You'll have better luck at Targets in my opinion. I got 10 Weathetops back in the summer for $38 CDN each.

Yeah Target Clearances are generally better from what I've seen, i picked up a ton of Urak-hai Armies at $20 each a couple months ago. My Target's LEGO section got so barren they actually moved it to a really tiny isle. It used to populate 2 rows, now maybe half of 1. Hopefully they restock sometime soon! With Target being a bit bare here I've been frequenting Walmart a bit more.

Aww and sorry for getting some of the American's hopes up :( missed putting the ".ca" in the title ><

Yeah Target Clearances are generally better from what I've seen, i picked up a ton of Urak-hai Armies at $20 each a couple months ago. My Target's LEGO section got so barren they actually moved it to a really tiny isle. It used to populate 2 rows, now maybe half of 1. Hopefully they restock sometime soon! With Target being a bit bare here I've been frequenting Walmart a bit more.

Aww and sorry for getting some of the American's hopes up :( missed putting the ".ca" in the title ><

Not a problem, we kind of deserve it I guess... Considering your clearance prices are pretty much our retail price.

Nice! I`d recommend picking up one/some for anyone who hasn`t yet. It`s unlikely to be clearenced anymore, at least, it looks to be that way, so now is probably the best time. I know there was a member who mentioned a while back that they were hoping for a TRU clearance on these. I  am as well, but not really sure if that`s going to happen or not. In any case, if you really want any LR stuff, probably best to grab them now. 

Guest eightbrick

Found 28 such sets at 6$ in two Walmart (near Montreal), though online store availability isn't entirely accurate. Thanks eightbrick!

Your welcome. Congrats!  :thumbsup:

The Walmart in Mississauga Meadowvale (Ontario, Canada) has a few 9471 Uruk-Hai Armies in stock at $30 when i was in there the other day. Didn't pick any up as i have a good amount of them from the Target clearance, but if anyone else is hunting for em ;)

Site still shows them "In Stock" at the location too, so they probably should still be there.

• 2 weeks later...

Walmart.ca added a few retired/retiring sets to their clearance page:

Two Face Chase - $30

Catcycle Chase - $5

Batwing - $20

Not available online, but i know a store or two with a few of these kicking around. Walmart's "check store availability" tool is fairly inaccurate. I have found many of these clearance items in stores where it's listed as out of stock, so you may get lucky :)

Anyways slim chance of finding these at this point, but worth looking if you're there.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice catch! Looks like only select Walmart's have them at these prices.

That's for sure. Bought 2 Lion Chi Temples for $74 each at one location but the next store had them for regular price. I suppose I could go back and ask for a price match...

Could not find any other discounts close to 50% though including Dolphin Cruiser and Family House. They were still regular price.