9396 - Helicopter

Danizzz

• 2 weeks later...

Retired from French LEGO Shop at Home too.

This week end I managed to get 2 boxes of this set, I had a lot of lego sets in my car, a friend was along with me, he isn't in lego stuff (at all) and this helicopter was his favorite set along with LOTR Shelob (9470).

"It has great colors and it's cool to see a big lego helicopter".

I couldn't agree more with that.

I think it will do very well, maybe not 200$ on Xmas 2014 (I would more bet on about 150$) but why not 200 at Xmas 2015.

Why not paired with a lego motor, still it's "power fonction ready" ? It may help even more.

BTW someone here was talking about a twin rotor copter: it already exists and it's the B-mode of this set. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIKt2W8sw7o

I think it's a nice B-mode and it will help this set a little (like the B-mode for the cargo plane).

(yeah, I do believe in this set, wasn't it obvious ? lol)

• 3 months later...

Wonder if this is going to go any higher

Of course, it's an helicopter, it can go higher (ah ah...) but don't expect it to reach the moon, it's not a rocket (ah... argh...)

We can see a "sell panic" here on May:

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=9396-1

Lower prices, so higher sells. Nearly no sells for used set, so it's not the demand which is higher, it's only investors that want to quickly get rid off (like you).

But it will not last. So keep it. This set is an emergency copter (that is great), and the B-model seems very cool and "sporty".

I know technics are not that popular in the US compared to Europe but I think you will be able to resell it about $149 sooner than expected. :)

• 2 months later...

Anyone know if these are still lingering around B&M Toys R Us'? I know it lingered at TRU (B&M and online) for a long while after retiring from LEGO Shop at Home, but I haven't heard a peep about availability of this set since. It seems the TRU site no longer has a page listing for it either.

Edited by hobbycrafter

Anyone know if these are still lingering around B&M Toys R Us'? I know it lingered at TRU (B&M and online) for a long while after retiring from LEGO Shop at Home, but I haven't heard a peep about availability of this set since. It seems the TRU site no longer has a page listing for it either.

Do a live chat at TRU.com - they should be able to tell you local availability (even it the product is not on tru.com)