4521221 - Gold chrome plated C-3PO

stephen_rockefeller

To be clear, this one was a loose figure, I still didn't think to try to move the limbs.  I have another one that is still in the bag and its leg is stiff also.  I have had them since we got them at Comic Con a few years bag (at the time both were in bags), but had not noticed the stiff/frozen leg on either one.  One leg on the figure in the bag seems to move just fine.  The other one has some resistance to it to move it.

Theatrix

SoCal

Good customer service for sure.

Hi,

To be honest, I am the reason he is posting.  One of the legs on the C3PO that I sent him was stuck (he says glued).  He broke the leg trying to move it.  I have another of the 1-10000 Lego C3PO figures that appears to also have the same issue (one leg is very "sticky") based on gentle examination of the figure while it is still in the bag.

Does anyone know of anyone in the Orange County/LA area that grades/examines Lego figures?  I am more than willing to bring the one that I still have in its bag to have it examined/vetted and verified that the one leg is frozen in place on the one I have at home.

Thanks.

Theatrix

The legs are a bit more sticky with these ones (plating) - but if the legs do move & it is still sealed in a bag, I don't think that you have an issue (since it is normal for this minifig).

I don't think that many of these are played with anyway. Most owners would likely never even bend the legs - just display it (if they would even remove it from the bag).

I have one that was played with - and it is pretty ugly to see what happens to this minifig from play (I will try to list a photo of it).

Here are the pictures i took of the 3po - this figure came LOOSE to me, and when i tried to bend the leg, it snapped in my hand - didn't take much pressure at all

from what it looks like, there is a bit of glue on the leg

A least the seller made good. I have an unopened ( sealed white baggy) one for sale / trade. Send me a PM if interested.

i have two of these (sealed).  Anyone think there is still growth left ?  i assume the 2015 movie will help...

At this point, the opportunity  cost of keeping them in the house has me questioning why I still own them.  I could prob buy three 10214s (Tower Bridge) with the cash if sold.

i have two of these (sealed).  Anyone think there is still growth left ?  i assume the 2015 movie will help...

At this point, the opportunity  cost of keeping them in the house has me questioning why I still own them.  I could prob buy three 10214s (Tower Bridge) with the cash if sold.

I'd exchange for a set that will grow faster in that period of time.

• 2 months later...

I am not sure if this is the right one, but there are some Gold Chrome C-3PO and that is going for about $300. I imagine that the 14 Karat gold C-3PO would go for a lot of money since there are only five.

Yes in one of my StarWars sets I found one, then started playing with it -_-.

• 2 months later...

Howdy folks!

So, I have an opportunity to purchase one of the Limited Edition Gold C-3POs.

Here are the deets:

The parents opened the bag, and pulled out the figure, took a couple of pics, and then returned it to the bag and kept it in a secure wooden box since.

They sent me some more pics and the plating looks really good (no chips, fades, or other blemishes that I can see.)

They are asking $250 obo for the bot and bag. I feel this is a bit high for my own personal investment tastes, but am still a newbie, so...

1) Buy it or pass?

2) What would be a reasonable offer?

3) If purchased, should I get the AFA certification? (I've seen several that have been and it seems worthwhile considering the perks.)

Many thanks in advance for the feedback!

- Clint

Interesting! I`d love to own one of these but couldn`t see myself parting with that much cash for a figure. Honestly, I`d say it`s a good price for the item that it is. If you want to invest/make money though, I`d say buy a Haunted House or something of the like (Tower Bridge, R2-D2) or put the $250 toward an SSD. Just my opinion, but I`d think you could likely make more money elsewhere. It is a decent price if you wish to add it to your collection, and if that is the case, I`d always try and offer a bit lower just to save a few extra bucks. 

I would pass at $250. Throw in another $60-$80 and you can get one sealed with some luck. I currently have 3 but am asking $375 each. The ones I have have excellent c3po minifigs inside meaning non of the limbs are frozen (from aging and the plating). The latter adds a premium.

If you plan in using AFA (which u don't recommend), only get a sealed one graded.

Thanks for the quick responses! Nice to have many opinions!

My interest in the figure is purely investment. I mean, it IS cool looking and all but I have to think of my business first...

The person looking to sell is not a collector apparently and is willing to take a lower price and asking me to give an offer.

That being said, I was thinking of going in at $100...

What is the consensus on an offer?

Thanks for the quick responses! Nice to have many opinions!

My interest in the figure is purely investment. I mean, it IS cool looking and all but I have to think of my business first...

The person looking to sell is not a collector apparently and is willing to take a lower price and asking me to give an offer.

That being said, I was thinking of going in at $100...

What is the consensus on an offer?

At $100 I`d see decent profit for yourself. If they agree that is, $250 down to $100 may be taken as more of an insult than anything else. Stupid, yes, but people are like that  :laugh: