SW Jek-14 75018 NO Lego :(

Pseudoty

I had something similar happen with movies. A couple of years ago at Christmas I got a boxed set of the first three Indiana Jones movies. It was sealed, but somehow all the movies were gone! We went to Best Buy, and they let us exchange it for another of the same boxed set. The employees said there had been a number of people who came in saying they had missing movies also. It was pretty crazy to say the least.

This has been happening a lot lately. People would open sets and discover that something major is missing, like all the minifigures or the whole set. It got me thinking. How many of these sets were Christmas presents this year or in the years to come? I would be really mad if I opened my "sealed Lego set" and find that many things are missing from it. I hope not a lot of these were used as Christmas presents.

Maybe they should put a scale next to the price checker to make sure at least the weight is correct.  But, then again, they can fill them with puzzle pieces and books!  Reminds me of the scene from Indiana Jones with the golden statue.  How much sand in the Lego box?

Weighing the set sometimes would not help. A person could fill it with other stuff to a weight close enough to the weight of the Lego sets that it would be hard to tell the difference. Sometimes, people just take the minifigures from the set and they do not weight a lot so it would be hard to determine if the set had been tampered with or not.

Well I went back to target and they scanned my Drivers license and the receipt and allowed me to make an exchange. Yes, I let them have the book and the puzzle pieces back. The guy said this is the third time this has happened since Xmas that he knows of and that they are opening all lego returns to verify the contents. The only difference I saw with the new box is it has a little red and white circular sticker on it I think that is for their security system. Perhaps people are buying them online and returning them at store.