How to properly make a return on Ebay?

Alcarin

Ok so Its a first time for me.... I bought a LG Optimus *** digitizer over Ebay and I broke LCD display while trying to replace it so now I need both and since Display is not sold separately I want to make a return.

I already contacted the seller who said np (his reply below)

Please return
for a refund
Please return the item to my address:
(write the item number
and you Ebay ID in the packet in order to check)
Send to:
Name: E11 -
trackbay,
Address:
37 Waybridge Industrial Estate,
Daniel Adamson
Road,
Salford, Greater Manchester ,
M50 1DS,
United Kingdom

-moonmoonlam

Now I wonder do I have to start something on Ebay? I will return the item on Monday... I Bought it on 17th December 

eBay has different procedures for different countries' sites in some cases, and different procedures even on the same country's site in some cases. What the seller is asking for here would be normal on the U.S. site, no further actions started on eBay, for any seller not enrolled in managed returns.

Because the seller is not asking you to open a managed return, I would simply ship it back, with tracking, as he's requested. If anything goes south, you have the eBay message system message showing what the seller told you to do.

(If you have not been communicating through eBay messages, copy and paste both sides of the conversation into an eBay message and ask the seller to respond verifying everything, so you have it all documented in eBay's system.)

eBay has different procedures for different countries' sites in some cases, and different procedures even on the same country's site in some cases. What the seller is asking for here would be normal on the U.S. site, no further actions started on eBay, for any seller not enrolled in managed returns.

Because the seller is not asking you to open a managed return, I would simply ship it back, with tracking, as he's requested. If anything goes south, you have the eBay message system message showing what the seller told you to do.

(If you have not been communicating through eBay messages, copy and paste both sides of the conversation into an eBay message and ask the seller to respond verifying everything, so you have it all documented in eBay's system.)

All communication was done through  ebay messaging....

ok Ill do that then :)

thanks I just thought I have to maybe click return item on Ebay purchase history for the item or something.

You messed it up and then are asking for a refund?

I think he's returning the original item bought and instead purchasing a combined item because he broke a different part during installation.

The way I read it, he now needs two parts that are sold/installed together, so he's returning the one part (still working, not broken) to the seller and buying the combo part now needed.

You messed it up and then are asking for a refund?

He accepts returns and i explained him why I would like to return it.... I also already gave him positive feedback and also told him I am ok if he does not want to accept a refund request....

Also i would not even think of returning it but it just so happens there is simply NO WAY to acquire only LCD display for the phone so its either buying both in 1 go or just the digitizer... sucks.

I think he's returning the original item bought and instead purchasing a combined item because he broke a different part during installation.

The way I read it, he now needs two parts that are sold/installed together, so he's returning the one part (still working, not broken) to the seller and buying the combo part now needed.

Exactly... I did not even open the part I bought... its still sealed as it came .... I broke my friends LCD display while trying to part it away from touchscreen Digitizer part and there is no way to purchase LCD display separately....

I had to read it three times myself - I mean, I know Alcarin likes to troll us, but I couldn't believe he broke a part he then wanted to return to some poor seller.  :twitch:

haha :D

Guess my English sucks :P Not enough playing Online games... in times of WoW(World of Warcraft) geeking I spoke English 5 hours a day minimum... so fluent back then, now I am well aware of my tongue trying to speak it again on teamspeak....

Guess its same for writing :P

But I would never even try to do something like that.... its just I am Computer Technician but we also attempt repairs on other stuff like TVs, and cell phones.... and that damn Digitizer was totally glued.... so i guess me and my boss used too much Heat and the entire Display came off ..... sucked.... but still cheaper for the girl(friend) :P.... At the Phone company they wanted 200$ to fix it.... we will do it for 100$.... Still 50% off for her ... damn mark ups  :P