What Retailer did the best for you this Holiday Season?

12 members have voted

1. 1. What retailer had the best sales this Holiday Season?

• Amazon
    • Target
    • Walmart
    • ToysRUs
    • YoYo
    • Other

Well, as clearance looks to be pretty disappointing and possibly non-existent for most of us, I want to see what people think about this retail season.

What retailer did you buy from - or what retailer did the best pulling you in and why? Doesn't have to be the best sale - mostly encompassing the whole holiday season is what I am interested in.

Highlights:

Amazon - Cyber Monday basically a clearance sale. Black friday lightning deals.

Walmart - I am counting the 10.99 fiasco. 30% off sets on Black Friday. 

ToysRUs - Random crazy good sales in between crap - and sort of finishing with crap. Gift cards were huge. Tons of huge discounts on Technic sets. City Garage was also a huge deal.

Target - That Cyber monday (I think it was) Bogo with already discounted stuff. The Target 5$ coupon with PM that we used like crazy.

YoYo - GOod new member discounts, but big lack of sales.

I think Amazon had the best day on Cyber monday, target a close second. I would have to give the grand prize to TRU though. I spent more at Amazon, but not a ton more than I normally do in a month period. I spent about 10X more at TRU during December than I did any other month this year. And SO MANY GIFTCARDS. Ridiculous.

Lets hear it people!

Toys R Us hands down for me...  I did manage to get some deals during all the other sales at Amazon and Target mostly, but Toys R Us was a the clear winner for me in the long-term investment and flippable for the holiday season category.  I'd hate to know how much I saved/spent on top of the crazy prices, BOGO 50% off at MSRP or lower, usage of Wendy's coupons for gift cards, 15% & 20% off coupons, 10% off Saturdays, double-points Wednesdays, price matches, Wish List gift cards, and the big 10% back towards a $100 gift card deal.

• Like 1

Toys R Us hands down for me...  I did manage to get some deals during all the other sales at Amazon and Target mostly, but Toys R Us was a the clear winner for me in the long-term investment and flippable for the holiday season category.  I'd hate to know how much I saved/spent on top of the crazy prices, BOGO 50% off at MSRP or lower, usage of Wendy's coupons for gift cards, 15% & 20% off coupons, 10% off Saturdays, double-points Wednesdays, price matches, Wish List gift cards, and the big 10% back towards a $100 gift card deal.

I want them to announce the record of who got that 100$ giftcard the fastest. I got it literally a day after they posted it started. lol.

Flipped 16, kept 3. I wish I could have kept more, but just don't have the funds to keep very many of such a high dollar set.

Yeah, I know the feeling. At the same time, you just got a ton of capital. next time, you will be able to keep more and keep more. Thats the way it works.

And 3 might be worth 3K in 3-4 years if this set really is gone.

I know not many cashed in on the Walmart $11 sale, but I got 4 Goblin King Battles, 2 Galactic Titans, 2 Unexpected Gatherings, 1 Constitution Train Chase and a $10 WM GC for roughly $100 total. Also got two Mines of Moria today at $55 each today, and Minecraft lots at retail in the height of the season that flipped for nearly a 70% ROI.

Target BF deals were insanely good with my favorite being the $45 Coast Guard Patrol and the $67 Lion Chi Temple. Honorable mention to $61 AT-TEs and a Pirate Ship Ambush at around $60.

TRU was amazing - fun houses and barrel escapes at $25, City Garages at $60, an early Rapunzels Tower bought for $40+ and flipped for $85, early Stephanie's Beach Houses bought for $38, Helm's Deeps bought for $105 after retirement, and the list goes on...

Amazon had some great deals on Jabba's Palace at $80, Republic Gunships at $80' AT-TEs at $70, and Epic Dragon Battles at $75, among countless others.

Very enjoyable holiday reselling season all around.

This speaks for all the lines of products we sell, of which Lego is just a portion:

Spent the most $ at TRU, by far. They always have the most enticing promos during the holiday season, but of course, lots of hoops to jump through.

Amazon had the largest quantity of deals to be had, sometimes difficult to keep track of since price drops/product availability can occur for only minutes at a time.

Bought the largest quantity of items at rrp at Walmart. Also bought the largest quantity of items on clearance at Walmart.

Best Buy wins my prize for underdog of the season, after rolling out Gamers Club Unlocked 20% off new video games. Combining that promo with discount prices, cc promos, and buy gift cards for $ off gas discounts, it was possible to save 50%+ on brand new games. And may I also mention $150 profit per PS4 sold, this was the best season for video games in several years.

Found the most items which returned a profit of 100% or more shopping clearance items at Sam's Club and BJ's.

Target was the go to store when I needed a PM, since they matched web offers, and not just Weekly Ad price points. Plus you always save the extra 5% with a redcard.