NES Emulator for Mac?

Doofy McGee

Hello everyone, Does anybody have or know of a good NES or SNES emulator for the Macintosh platform? It seems like there are a million of them out there for Windows. Any information would be great and much appreciated. This actually is slightly LEGO related. I want to get some good screenshots so I can build game scenes. :) Thanks! -Aaron-

Hello everyone,

Does anybody have or know of a good NES or SNES emulator for the Macintosh platform? It seems like there are a million of them out there for Windows.

Any information would be great and much appreciated. This actually is slightly LEGO related. I want to get some good screenshots so I can build game scenes. :)

Thanks!

-Aaron-

you are a MAC guy Aaron??? We are no longer friends ;)

Yes Stephen...I am a Mac guy. I was waiting for the right moment to tell you. I'm sorry you had to find out this way... LOL! Glad to see you posting Jeff! I hope you and Ed and your families, friends and loved ones are all ok! About the original topic of this thread... I tried Nestopia, but the one I got only came with like 8 or 10 games. Does anybody have any more information on how to get this stuff? Or where I can get more games? Thanks!

FCEUX for Nintendo. Snes9x or bsnes for Super Nintendo

I think Snesx9 is more multiplatform and may have a version for Mac (last update was May 22, 2011).

Bsnes might be but I'm not sure. It's meant to have 'more accurate' emulation and is still being updated.

As for games, here are ones I've found & have used on occasion.

Emuparadise

Rom Hustler

Romulation

Dope Roms

Pretty much if you can't find the game or system you're looking for on one, you can find it on another. There are others I've seen, but these are the ones I've found to be the most 'safe' if you get my drift. There also a few 'abandonware' sites for old computer games (like the Amiga or DOS) if you're interested.