Set expectations when lay-buying

Apps

I was wondering what every ones packaging expectations are when they place a set on lay-buy. I have had generally good experiences. But today I unpacked a couple of sets and they looked like drug effected monkeys had packed them. Is it not too much to ask that people show a bit of pride in their work, or has the minimum income dead end job they have drained all hope! (end rant)

I was wondering what every ones packaging expectations are when they place a set on lay-buy. I have had generally good experiences. But today I unpacked a couple of sets and they looked like drug effected monkeys had packed them. Is it not too much to ask that people show a bit of pride in their work, or has the minimum income dead end job they have drained all hope! (end rant)

What is lay-buy? I am unfamiliar with that term.

LOL I guess they don't have it in some countries, It's when you buy an item but they put it aside in a special section out the back while you pay it off over a period of anywhere from 8 weeks to 6-months (christmas lay-buy's).

I've never heard of this either.......so it's like lay away, but instead of paying for it all at once you pay over a period of time?

I kinda figured it was something like lay away. since I have never done something like that my question was how they stored the item once you picked it out. Do they neatly put it on a shelf in a back room and leave it untouched, or do they pull a UPS and drop kick into a corner and move it 4,000 times before you are able to pay for it and take it home?

That's what I was questioning, seeing as it is someone else's property pretty much, you would think they would take care of it accordingly. Some place are good like target but others are terrible when they don't even bother to wrap it up so it gets scratched and what not!

That's what I was questioning, seeing as it is someone else's property pretty much, you would think they would take care of it accordingly. Some place are good like target but others are terrible when they don't even bother to wrap it up so it gets scratched and what not!

Technically I don't think it is someones property until it is paid for in full......but I do think they should store it correctly so you get in the same condition you picked it out in.....good luck with that though, have you seen some of the (you know which store)s employees????

I'm going to take them back tommorow, it was a desert skiff and a v-wing so nothing major but I am rather anal when it comes to boxes so it was annoying. They were stored off site because of the large amount of lay-buy's so it isn't the stores fault (as long as they replace them) or else all hell will break lose LOL!!

I'm going to take them back tommorow, it was a desert skiff and a v-wing so nothing major but I am rather anal when it comes to boxes so it was annoying. They were stored off site because of the large amount of lay-buy's so it isn't the stores fault (as long as they replace them) or else all hell will break lose LOL!!

so they were essentially shipped off somewhere, then shipped to you when you paid for them or shipped back to the store?

It was a storage shed or a distribution center down the road and they send them back when they are ready to be collected, I knew it was going to be trouble, too many people handling the sets who just don't care you know. Might have to avoid it next time!