Sites for MOC instructions

TheOrcKing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider it if I could see the elements list before hand so I knew if I had enough of the parts.

I can definately agree with that. It is not fun to pay for the instructions and then find out the build uses a handful of rare (or even discontinued) parts.

If I ever have the fortune of owning a 3450 Statue of Liberty, I may actually spend the money for the base instructions.

This one is probably my favorite - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Statue-of-Liberty-3450-Custom-Base-Pedestal-Instructions-Amazing-/111179435906

That base is simply well done. A final touch to an already incredible build!

I appreciate the suggestions! Thanks! :thumbsup: Only familiar with one of those, so I will give the others a look asap.

No problem, buddy. That reminds me. I was thinking of adding to the main post a list of sites and eBay sellers who sell MOC instructions. Does anybody have any they know of and would like to share with the group?

Some of these designs are amazing and I feel the instructions themselves are fairly priced.

Reason why I haven't bought any yet is because I don't know if I would be able to get all the required pieces together and if so at what price.

The pieces are the main problem. For MOC that have pieces 1000+, it would be very hard to get all the pieces at a cheap price. Also, some pieces are rare, and they would cost a lot of money to get those pieces.

• 1 month later...

For me personally, I don't think there is a limit of how much I would pay, so far as the MOC that I am purchasing is a good VALUE.  I.e.....cool enough to justify the price.  I have purchased some models from crowkillers.com, and if the instructions ever come out for sheepo's new mustang I would definately buy those.  

For me personally, I don't think there is a limit of how much I would pay, so far as the MOC that I am purchasing is a good VALUE.  I.e.....cool enough to justify the price.  I have purchased some models from crowkillers.com, and if the instructions ever come out for sheepo's new mustang I would definately buy those.

Crowkillers has some amazingly well made designs worth the price of admission. You don't have to be into Technic to see that.

• 4 weeks later...

I've purchased some some custom instructions, I normally do my research on eurobricks to get feedback from members there as to MOCS they built and liked.  Purchased Avenue Saint-Jacques not too long ago but at 12K bricks it'll be a looooooooooooong while before I can start building it :).  As far as modulars go I'm ok with digital renders as long as eurobricks has some feedback on the MOC and I get to see couple of sneak peak screenshots from the instructions. Other than that I want that youtube video of the build.  

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Jabba's palace from here: http://www.baronsat.net/baronshop/bshop_instructions.htm  cause its so cool and I like the challenge of gathering up all the pieces even if it takes years. I have bought other train instructions that I really like also, and enjoy building different colored versions of my favorite trains.  But I would really like to get instructions for builds like the boats here: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/254960 even if the instructions and parts lists would be pricey.  Some of these models are works of art, and I can understand why instructions might not be for sale.

If you use ldd, there are a lot of files available for free, and also some super cool MOC artists will share their files with you.

Can you point me in a direction?  I figured that was the case, but I haven't ever figured out where those MOC artists are, and where I could find those LDD files for free.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

If I ever have the fortune of owning a 3450 Statue of Liberty, I may actually spend the money for the base instructions.

This one is probably my favorite - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Statue-of-Liberty-3450-Custom-Base-Pedestal-Instructions-Amazing-/111179435906

​Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life.  Has anyone here actually bought this instruction and can confirm there is no expensive parts involved?

Edited by kenchu2000

​Sorry for bringing this old thread back to life.  Has anyone here actually bought this instruction and can confirm there is no expensive parts involved?

​Didn't buy it but just checked out the pictures:

My opinion: Don't waste money on the instructions. From what you can see on these pictures it should be possible to rebuild it. So just download the pictures he posted.

If you don't know any parts I would just post the picture and tag the parts you don't know, I'm sure people will be willing to share their knowledge with you.

Of course it will take you more time this way to build it, but it'll also be more rewarding.

Also I bet you'll get about half of the bricks you need for the money you would otherwise spend on the instruction.

From what I see: There shouldn't be any too expensive bricks included. Also I'm not sure about the colored bricks for the statue itself. I'd check out LEGO LEGO Shop at Home to see if they have this kind of green.

• Like 1